Benazir Bhutto killed

aberkowitz

aberkowitz

Audioholic Field Marshall
So incredibly sad. How sad was it- even the prime minister of Iran condemned the attack. If an Iranian leader condemns your actions, you must have done something really sick!!

Hopefully the people of Pakistan will rise up and take actions of their own.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
A tragedy...democracy has its own high price....
It is so sick to think that someone can be sooo stupid and disgustingly crazy to even think about killing someone like that.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai
Yes. I remember when she came to power back in the 80's, and how that made headlines across the world. Hopefully, Pakistan defers the race so her backers may grieve properly, and a replacement of some sort may be had.

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Wasn't her government the most corrupt in Pakistan's history looting money from the lower-class? She was conveniently absolved of these charges and given everything to protect her from a bomb. How come Nawaz Sharif wasn't treated the same way?

It's sad that our governments and media simply show us people cheering and supporting; do not believe everything you see. Not a single one of my friends or their families from that part of the world want to see her in power again. I don't know much, but I know that much.

That said, I do not condone cowardly attacks like this. How someone could strap a bomb to themselves and blow up themselves and several others with them is beyond me. It just goes to show you that I like so many others in the West truly don't understand how things in some Eastern countries work so we should keep out of it.

Last edited:
furrycute

furrycute

Banned
Yes, I too have read about stories of incredible amounts of corruption during her regimen. It was unbelievable.

And now she wanted to go back to Pakistan to grab power again? To what end, so she and her cronies can create more corruption and grab more money from the Pakistani people? Was this what her idea of "democracy" was all about?

Again, I condemn the tragedy that took place. But we also have to remember that she is not a martyr of democracy that the media is trying to make her out to be.

Wasn't her government the most corrupt in Pakistan's history looting money from the lower-class? She was conveniently absolved of these charges and given everything to protect her from a bomb. How come Nawaz Sharif wasn't treated the same way?

It's sad that our governments and media simply show us people cheering and supporting; do not believe everything you see. Not a single one of my friends or their families from that part of the world want to see her in power again. I don't know much, but I know that much.

That said, I do not condone cowardly attacks like this. How someone could strap a bomb to themselves and blow up themselves and several others with them is beyond me. It just goes to show you that I like so many others in the West truly don't understand how things in some Eastern countries work so we should keep out of it.

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
Democracy or not democracy...she was elected at that time (a.k.a. democracy?) until the current president took over from Nawaz via coup d'etat. Like it or not...she was elected through the general election so she represents democracy. No matter how corrupt her government was, the fact still stands. Any elected presidents or prime ministers will have their opponents. If for some reasons, he/she is elected twice, the people should blame themselves too for letting it happen. FYI: I am not talking about unfair/deceitful elections.

How many of you wants to view our government now as a reality check? No matter how much quite a few of us hate the president political views/actions, he is still one, right? And he still represents the might of democracy!

masak_aer

masak_aer

Senior Audioholic
^^^^
He was elected leader but by then he removed most of his political opponents by killing, capturing, etc. That's an unfair democracy, no way of impeaching this guy. You gotta admit, his tactics for gaining support and votes were stunningly efficient and successful at the reign of his political career.

If you were democratically elected leader, you would always be remembered as one until you did something incredibly insane then you would be remembered as the stupid/insane leader.

J

Johnd

Audioholic Samurai

I never said she was a saint...few elected officials are. The point is (as you so noted) it is sad that she was murdered in this cowardly attack. And for every supporter for Musharraf, I'd be willing to bet there were 1.5 for Bhutto. There will always be supporters for the other side. The biggest tragedy is if this is how Pakistan settles their political differences, what does that say about the current leadership and those that condone her murder?

R

rnatalli

Audioholic Ninja
Now they're saying that she didn't die from a bullet or shrapnel; apparently she whacked her head on the sunroof and died that way. Something just doesn't smell right.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis