bathroom faucet HELP!

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Carolyn bought some new faucets for the bathrooms. I thought I would do a quick install tonight, the first one went easy, moved to the next bathroom and I cant figure out how to get the old faucets off. There is no compression nuts underneath and I cant seem to find a way to remove them from the top. Any plumbers out there that can tell me what is going on?

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Carolyn bought some new faucets for the bathrooms. I thought I would do a quick install tonight, the first one went easy, moved to the next bathroom and I cant figure out how to get the old faucets off. There is no compression nuts underneath and I cant seem to find a way to remove them from the top. Any plumbers out there that can tell me what is going on?
Greg,

I don't know if this will help but the one in my old appartment you had to remove the cap on top of each handle (didn't look like it came off but a small screw driver pried it off) In side there was a nut to unscrew and then it took a special tool I had to rent from the local hardware store. Post a pic as to the design and maybe that will help.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
Next time call a Plumber. It's guys like you that don't keep the economy rolling by spending cash.

http://www.doityourself.com/stry/h2replaceafaucet

http://www.howstuffworks.com/how-to-do-faucet-repairs.htm

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
I have looked high and low and dont see a way to remove it. Everything is off from the top and there is a threaded tube and a bracket on the bottom but noway I can see to remove them. Could it be soldered on?

Greg,

I don't know if this will help but the one in my old appartment you had to remove the cap on top of each handle (didn't look like it came off but a small screw driver pried it off) In side there was a nut to unscrew and then it took a special tool I had to rent from the local hardware store. Post a pic as to the design and maybe that will help.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
That sure looks familiar to me, but I can't remember for certain how those are attached. The first thing that came to mind is that the metal fittings on the top may be threaded and screwed into the pipes coming up from underneath. You may want to try a Google search if you haven't, or even head to Home Depot.

captiankirk28

Full Audioholic
Hi their you found a plumber-- you do have to unscrew the faucet from the top, by the short piece you can barely get a pair of channel locks on, either that way or if you are careful you can take a hacksaw and split the rings and open them up with a screw driver. i dont know if i explaned it very well but let me know if you need any more help.

Kirk

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
So the washer is threaded?
Hi their you found a plumber-- you do have to unscrew the faucet from the top, by the short piece you can barely get a pair of channel locks on, either that way or if you are careful you can take a hacksaw and split the rings and open them up with a screw driver. i dont know if i explaned it very well but let me know if you need any more help.

Kirk

captiankirk28

Full Audioholic
Ok, i can not see the bottom of the faucet very good but it does look like their is a big square washer if you will that goes in between the valve bodies see if their is a set screw or something that is pushing up on that washer wich is holding the faucet on that you can loosen and than the faucet will lift off the top, different makers make them all different ways.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Looking up from the bottom it looks like this. There is a threaded pipe going up in the middle and no access to unscrew it from the bottom.

From the side it looks like this

captiankirk28

Full Audioholic
Can you take the spout off, their should be a set screw on the front of the faucet, take it off and try to unscrew the pipe that the faucet is connected with.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Yep, I can get the spout off as I just broke it!

There is still no set screw and it is obvious now that it has to come out the bottom but I still cant get it out!
Can you take the spout off, their should be a set screw on the front of the faucet, take it off and try to unscrew the pipe that the faucet is connected with.

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Well, the resale value of the old faucet is pretty low now. Cutting the washers worked but the thing is junk now. One more to go and now that I understand it, I will just break it from the start.

mazersteven

mazersteven

Audioholic Warlord
And I think you need to practice your drawing.

Start here

LMAO :eek::D

Tarub

Tarub

Senior Audioholic
Looking up from the bottom it looks like this. There is a threaded pipe going up in the middle and no access to unscrew it from the bottom.

From the side it looks like this

Im trying to figure out...what is that shadowy backround?? Looks like...:confused: :( :eek: :rolleyes:

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis