Banana Plugs - solder or screw?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Solder only bonds to the surface and will not prevent corrosion 100%.

Oxygen free refers to the manufacturing process by which the metal is made to have less oxygen within the structure - cutting it does not affect that one bit.

I have a Cold Heat and it didn't work well with wire.

stratman

stratman

Audioholic Ninja
Hey guys,

Where can I buy wire pants? I'm about to start my first DIY speaker cables.

Regards

majorloser

majorloser

stratman said:
Hey guys,

Regards
Parts Expre$$

You'll need to know the diameter of the cable they will be put on. Different sizes are available.

Jack Hammer

Jack Hammer

Audioholic Field Marshall
stratman said:
Hey guys,

Regards
Cable Pants at Parts Express 10 for $5.50. These are what I just ordered. Like MajorLoser said, make sure to measure your wires before you order. Also, shipping starts out at around $7 (at least for me it did), so you may want to try and cram a few other items into the basket.

dave1490

dave1490

Audioholic
personaly i dont solder,i like the idea of having copper on copper,silver on silver.rather then having it sitting in a pool of tin thats not very connductive.thanks

zildjian

zildjian

Audioholic Chief
Cavediver said:
Just an FYI, those look the same as the locking banana plugs I have bought from Blue Jeans Cables, and they are cheaper though bluejeans and sold by the pair, so you don't have to buy 5 pair if you only need 1 or 2...
As far as the plugs themselves go, they are great, need to order some more soon as I plan on making some new speaker cables, and yes, I plan on getting SPEAKER WIRE PANTS!!! If I want to make them more fancy cables, I'll spring for the speaker wire slacks.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis