Banana cable ends, Blue Jean or mono price Quality ,your Pic ?

S

Steve M

Junior Audioholic
is there a difference in quality. i have bough blue jean ends before , there great
was wounder if the mono price ones are of same quality and worth trying ?

Whats your pic ?

highfigh

highfigh

Seriously, I have no life.
is there a difference in quality. i have bough blue jean ends before , there great
was wounder if the mono price ones are of same quality and worth trying ?

Whats your pic ?
It doesn't matter- just make sure they don't loosen on their own and don't cut the wire strands.

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
I went from Monoprice to Blue Jeans Cable locking banana plugs because the Monoprice ones were all over the map on how tight or loose they were. The BJC ones are securely LOCKED into my receiver and speakers.

Looks like the BJC ones are quite a bit less money than the Sewell version. $7.25 a pair x 4 pairs = $29 + $3.95 shipping, 4 pairs of Sewell for $41.40 + $4.90 shipping.

Last edited:
j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
The Sewells usually have prime shipping, so they are normally less expensive. The only ones on Amazon when I found that link were from 3rd party, so they are more right now. I am not saying I'd pick Sewell first either. I am using KnuKonceptz right now because I like their outer sleeves better, but the Nakamichi plugs I linked are just as good.

Parts express offers the locking ones too: 2 pr/$25 which is about the same price.

https://www.parts-express.com/expanding-banana-plug-with-dual-set-screws-and-carbon-fiber-wrapped-brass-shell-2-pair--091-3614

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
Those look really nice with the carbon fiber wrap. Doubtful it's true CF and more likely "carbon fiber look" plastic, but it could be.

So the choices would be carbon fiber (Parts Express), shiny gunmetal gray (Blue Jeans Cable) or black gloss (Sewell). Looking at Sewell Direct, I don't see those "Harpoon" ones so they may discontinued or an "Amazon only" item.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I went from Monoprice to Blue Jeans Cable locking banana plugs because the Monoprice ones were all over the map on how tight or loose they were. The BJC ones are securely LOCKED into my receiver and speakers.

Looks like the BJC ones are quite a bit less money than the Sewell version. $7.25 a pair x 4 pairs = $29 + $3.95 shipping, 4 pairs of Sewell for $41.40 + $4.90 shipping.
I have similar issues on MP RCAs--they tend to be too tight for much of my gear.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I have similar issues on MP RCAs--they tend to be too tight for much of my gear.
One of the reasons I switched to using the BJC interconnects is because of the Taversoe connectors. They never come loose and they're never too tight.

Last edited:
KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
LOL...I have a pair of Audioquest "Sidewinder" RCA interconnects that I bought at least 20 years ago (before I got my education on wire.) I recently found them in a bag of cables, discovering why I'd retired them. One end had the solder disconnected. Because I'd met (and thoroughly annoyed) the Audioquest guy at an October event, I knew they had a warranty. I brought the damaged cables into a dealer and had to pay a few bucks for shipping, but got them back in about three weeks.

Audioquest resoldered the connection and cleaned them up, but must have also "reconditioned" the RCA connectors. I have a hell of a time getting them onto my Bluesound Vault 2 and NAD receiver, and need Vise Grips to get them off! (Not really but was thinking of it.) I'm sticking with what I know works well, and so far Blue Jeans Cable has been very reliable.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
One of the reasons I switched to using the BJC interconnects is because of the Taversoe connectors. They never come loose and they're never too tight.
Yeah, those connectors are nice, they are a little on the long/bulky side. Not really a problem unless you have a tight spot. I often use 90deg adapters even when I have plenty of clearance, just to help relieve any strain on the connections, especially on those bulkier connectors.

I also really like that BJC uses ultrasonic welding for the speaker cables, etc. That really is the ULTIMATE way to handle such a termination.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
LOL...I have a pair of Audioquest "Sidewinder" RCA interconnects that I bought at least 20 years ago (before I got my education on wire.) I recently found them in a bag of cables, discovering why I'd retired them. One end had the solder disconnected. Because I'd met (and thoroughly annoyed) the Audioquest guy at an October event, I knew they had a warranty. I brought the damaged cables into a dealer and had to pay a few bucks for shipping, but got them back in about three weeks.

Audioquest resoldered the connection and cleaned them up, but must have also "reconditioned" the RCA connectors. I have a hell of a time getting them onto my Bluesound Vault 2 and NAD receiver, and need Vise Grips to get them off! (Not really but was thinking of it.) I'm sticking with what I know works well, and so far Blue Jeans Cable has been very reliable.
I had the same problem with the AQ interconnects which is why I stopped buying them. I took mine back to the shop I bought them from and they exchanged them on the spot. One of the other ones I still have has also developed the same problem recently and I am not going to bother. It was at that time that I had found Bluejeans and I still have that first analog component cable I bought from them that long ago. Better built than AQ even back then and 1/5 the price.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I just ordered a bunch of Mediabridge connectors.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AH0TRTW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got these because I already have all my HT torn apart and got 2-day shipping on Amazon. The connectors will be here today, and the painting/carpet will be done tomorrow... hopefully. Figured I'd put them on as I put everything back together. Hope they'll be OK.
I like Mediabridge, and that is my favorite style of banana connector.

But, I have never tried this style from Mediabridge, I currently use the same style from Sewell.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I like Mediabridge, and that is my favorite style of banana connector.

But, I have never tried this style from Mediabridge, I currently use the same style from Sewell.
They're both copies of the Monster ones. They should work fine. I like how they trap the wire.

speakerman39

speakerman39

Audioholic Overlord
I just ordered a bunch of Mediabridge connectors.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01AH0TRTW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got these because I already have all my HT torn apart and got 2-day shipping on Amazon. The connectors will be here today, and the painting/carpet will be done tomorrow... hopefully. Figured I'd put them on as I put everything back together. Hope they'll be OK.
These are the same ones I plan to order very soon. I also will be ordering Mediabridge Spade plugs as well. They look of reasonable quality and the price is right! Good choice!

Cheers,

Phil

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis