bad experience with eD so far, anyone else? CS has yet to contact me back

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
since i havent heard back from eD (elemental designs) yet i figured id post my experience so far with their company.

i waited a month to receive my sub, an A2-300, because they are a small company and are busy filling orders which is understandable, even though slightly annoying.

i get my sub, and it s defective.. sounds like its breaking every time there is a loud explosion or whatever, even under normal everyday levels. I have never pushed the sub to its potential. The gain has never been more than halfway up, and the lfe output levels have always been set to 0, which is directly in the middle.

normal us sounds horrible. clips or bottoms out or something, but it sounds like its breaking. so i contacted them 3 days ago.. 1 day after it was received, and only about 10 minutes of testing, and left a voice mail. i also have emailed twice, and left another voice mail since then.

i have yet to hear back.

anyone here deal with this company.. do they have good customer service?
i know most any other company would immediately overnight a speaker and amp to me with a free box and shipping sticker to send the defective units back. im waiting for eD to do the same. if they pull hrough id be happy purchasing again, which i was planning on doing.. with an a5 or a7 unit, but ill just have to wait and see.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
I purchased an A5-300 from them and I love it. That being said they are very slow on the CS front. I ordered my sub and I knew they only build them after you order so I was ready to wait but it took 2 months longer than I expected. I had it for about a month and the amp quit. I called them and after waiting about 2 days they got back to me,which isn't bad, I went through a few tests with them to make sure it was the amp. I told them that no way I was paying to ship this back to them and they said we realize that and we will send you the amp with a return postage sticker to send the def one back. My advice would be to get on the phone with one of them and pull ths sub out so you can check to see if there is an obvious problem. If you have another sub to hook up to it like a car sub or something like that you can determine if it is the sub or it might be a loose brace inside the box. It might be something you can fix without sending it back. Hope this helped. This is actually my first post on this forum and I was surprised to see someone else with an ED sub. I will say that I do love the A5-300 it is a fantastic sub.

Gimpy Ric

Gimpy Ric

I thought ED stood for something else! Funny that the cure will make you blind!

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
LOL.........I hope you don't know that from personal experience....;)

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
thanks for the reply, that makes me feel slightly better, but damn.. 2 months longer than you expected is ridiculous too.

if they are getting slammed that hard they need to either hire on more people or limit their orders.

making people wait 2 months for a sub, and having really slow customer service is just a sign of carelessness. ill update with my experience once i have actually gotten a hold of them.

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Your welcome. I agree they are slow but at least they take care of the problems. Which is more than I can say for some company's. Keep us informed.

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I've always heard nothing but praise about eD's customer service. It's possible that since they have gotten bigger and more popular lately that they haven't been able to up thier staff to the level it needs to be at to handle all the customer service issues. While I don't own and eD home theater sub, I do own one of their car subwoofers, and it's awesome!s

T

tcarcio

Audioholic General
Well they could be isolated incedents or it could be just like you said. I also agree with you on their products, for the money I am very happy with my A5-300 it really is a nice piece of equipment and I could not be happier.

T2T

T2T

Senior Audioholic
making people wait 2 months for a sub, and having really slow customer service is just a sign of carelessness. ill update with my experience once i have actually gotten a hold of them.
The subs take so long to build/deliver because each cabinet is made locally in the USA. For those who insist on buying something made in the USA, it might be worth the wait. Then again, the amps and other components are most likely imported.

Matt34

Matt34

The subs take so long to build/deliver because each cabinet is made locally in the USA. For those who insist on buying something made in the USA, it might be worth the wait. Then again, the amps and other components are most likely imported.
They are actually based out of Iowa. I emailed them Saturday about a sub recommendation and got a detailed response from Ben today.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
i did get a response today, but it didnt address the issues very much which was no fault of their own.

they tried to give me a call today but i was busy and wasnt able to talk so alex just left me a voice mail. ill give them a call tomorrow and hopefully be able to get in touch with someone.

Matt34

Matt34

i did get a response today, but it didnt address the issues very much which was no fault of their own.

they tried to give me a call today but i was busy and wasnt able to talk so alex just left me a voice mail. ill give them a call tomorrow and hopefully be able to get in touch with someone.
Hope you get everything worked out, they seem like a good company going through some growing pains.

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
i heard from eD, what they said is that the amp might have been knocked loose from shipping, and that i should try and tighten it down, and if not then they would have fedex, pick it up and then check it out.

and if there was nothing wrong with it, they would send it back to me and id most likely have to pay shipping. If it was fed-ex's fault then they would make fed-ex pay for it.

This was only a 350 dollar sub, and i dont feel like waiting another month to get it fixed, so ill just deal with how it sounds now. Which i think is ok.. but not good.

i did tighten it down, and i havent heard it pop again yet, but i also dont really have any spl, because im scared that it will break.

basically the CS is slightly below average compared to what ive experienced with other audio companies. Its not worth the hassle for me to do all that again.

ill just buy a new sub, and from a different company.

jinjuku

jinjuku

i heard from eD, what they said is that the amp might have been knocked loose from shipping, and that i should try and tighten it down, and if not then they would have fedex, pick it up and then check it out.

i did tighten it down, and i havent heard it pop again yet, but i also dont really have any spl, because im scared that it will break.
So it's been a few weeks, did you hop on it since then? Did the CS advice work or did it not?

What I am asking: CS gave you a possible solution. Did it work?

jonnythan

jonnythan

Audioholic Ninja
I can't imagine ED would ever be a good experience.

(sorry)

highfihoney

highfihoney

Audioholic Samurai
I thought ED stood for something else!
Me too!! The threads even titled "Bad experience with E D",i was thinking is there any good experience with E D,then i thought he musta hooked up with a fat girl then lost the urge:eek:

To my suprise the thread was about a sub.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis