M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
My son always left my home theater equipment alone. I take that back, he did put a ball inside one of the ports of the towers. I had to remove a speaker to get it out.
My duaghter came along and I cant keep her away from the receiver and the amp. She presses the power buttons on/off, on/off, on/off etc.
Here is the solution!

Attachments

M

MDS

Audioholic Spartan
Nice idea and analogous to my idea of a (safe) 'baby jail', except instead of locking up the kid you've locked up the HT system. :)

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
I have been lucky.

My daughter is 3, and the worst thing so far is touching the display screen. No big deal.

I wouldn't want something interfering with the sound of my speakers.

skizzerflake

skizzerflake

Audioholic Field Marshall
When my son was 5, I caught him stuffing food into the disk drawer of a DVD player, and when I told him to stop, I also found out that he knew the meaning of a few choice invectives that he didn't learn from me.

Z

zumbo

Audioholic Spartan
When my son was 5, I caught him stuffing food into the disk drawer of a DVD player, and when I told him to stop, I also found out that he knew the meaning of a few choice invectives that he didn't learn from me.
A good dvd player will play any material. Is this what displayed on the screen?

Last edited by a moderator:
sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
There is no such thing as "child proofing", only making it child resistant. Rugrats are nothing if not resourceful. ;)

FWIW back in the day I woke up to find that my brand new moving coil cartridge had been ground into a brand new master recording LP of Dark Side Of The Moon that I'd been listening to just before bed.

O

oldpioneer

Audiophyte
I will never understand why most people keep their expensive equipment on the floor! Not only do you have to stand on your head to change discs or make adjustments, it's right at toddler/pet level.

Get yourself a wall unit or tall bookshelf and you will be amazed how nice it is to have everything at eye level. :D

sholling

sholling

Audioholic Ninja
I will never understand why most people keep their expensive equipment on the floor! Not only do you have to stand on your head to change discs or make adjustments, it's right at toddler/pet level.

Get yourself a wall unit or tall bookshelf and you will be amazed how nice it is to have everything at eye level. :D
WAF - nuff said. Besides even if you get the turntable too high for small hands and the DVD player too high to be fed peanut butter sandwiches, you still have to deal with the little one hiding dads keys in speaker ports and the rugrat sharing milk with the subwoofer's ports - also a good place to hide veggies. And lets not forget poking holes through drivers to see whats inside. :p

tattoo_Dan

tattoo_Dan

Banned
My son always left my home theater equipment alone. I take that back, he did put a ball inside one of the ports of the towers. I had to remove a speaker to get it out.
My duaghter came along and I cant keep her away from the receiver and the amp. She presses the power buttons on/off, on/off, on/off etc.
Here is the solution!
I'm glad I'm a grandfather now. :D

GO-NAD!

GO-NAD!

Audioholic Spartan
Suuuuuure he didn't....:rolleyes:

:D

mperfct

mperfct

Audioholic Samurai
That's why my two boys aren't allowed in the theater unless there is a grownup. One of the neighbor's 11 year old's still thought my sub would make a good table during a football game though. At least it is a "cheap" sub with an enamel finish.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis