Axpona 2024 window shopping

F

Focus SE

Junior Audioholic
This may be a waste of your time but potentially fun for me. So yeah me!!!

I am not really in the market for any new products at the moment. However, I do really enjoy looking at and hearing anything audio and you never know what will stand out as a have to have. Its kind of like going to the auto show without a need for a car.

I have been to the show twice before as a tag along of a friend of mine. I am fully aware that it is a pretty bad environment to truly judge an audio product. That being said there have been a few times where somethings just stood out as being extremely impressive and for that alone its worth going. I couldn't even tell you what they were because I wasn't interested in buying into a system. Now that I have a decent set up and quite a bit of improved listening skills, I just want to hear different sounds and appreciate them for what they are.

I will be going again this year just to take as much of it as I can. With over 200 listening rooms and 600 plus vendors I am not going to see anywhere near all of it. But without this show, there is no way I could ever see and hear most of this gear.

So I am asking for suggestions on what are the must see's. I am looking for dream products that can be as cheap as they get or far off into audiofool land. If you were making a suggestion to your best friend and telling them they had to see and hear X. what would X be? Each of us has a product that they truly love for whatever reason and may or may not even own said product. I would be curious to hear what it is that just impresses you and possibly why.
thanks for playing along.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis