M

mailman23

Audioholic Intern
how many people have actually heard axioms (as in the m60ti)how do they compare to polk and klipsch .One of these brands will most likely be my choice.please help

P

pfillion

Audiophyte
mailman23 said:
how many people have actually heard axioms (as in the m60ti)how do they compare to polk and klipsch .One of these brands will most likely be my choice.please help
I have the M60ti, IMO they are a lot better than the Polk RTi series.

The LSi series is as good (perhaps a bit better but not sure.) as the Axioms but they cost a lot more and also you need a VERY good receiver to drive them...

M

mailman23

Audioholic Intern
also what about the veneer on the axioms. I have heard complaints that it is cheap and peels off easy. polk uses wood veneer. what is your experience with the vinyl on the axioms.online they look sweet?

B

bray

Audioholic Intern
Love mine

I have the M60s and love them. In my opinion they sound much better than any of the Polks or Klipsh speakers I have heard.
As far as the veneer pealing off, I see no sign of that happening and have heard no complaints about it. If it were to happen, I'm sure all that I would have to do is call Axiom and they would take care of it. Their customer service is second to none.

Buckeyefan 1

Buckeyefan 1

Audioholic Ninja
mailman23 said:
Some say Polk and Axiom lean more towards a sibilant side. Klipsch do as well (especially with horn tweeters), but operate much more efficiently.

The only way to buy speakers is to demo them yourself.

Klipsch owners aren't going to recommend Axiom, and and Axiom owners won't recommend Polk. Go to the Axiom website forum, and see if there's a local owner who can give you a demo. Klipsch and Polk are sold in every large city are aren't tough to find.

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Axiom speakers

The horn tweeter of the Klipsch is a different sound than cone style tweeters on the Axioms and Polks. Consider demoing the Klipsch vs. Polks to see if you like the horn tweeter sound.

Concerning the Axioms, the vinyl finishing look pretty nice, IMO. They will send you a sample for free. They also offer custom wood finishes for an extra charge.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Axiom's are awesome, but...

mailman23 said:
I love my speakers. But they seem to shine only when they play above a certain volume. At lower listening levels they sound bass anemic. Dont get me wrong, during the Episode 3 opening scene, I had the whole building structure shaking with the bass AND I HAVE NO SUBWOOFER :eek: , so theres plenty to go around if you want.

The answer to your question is, if you like high SPL's (loud music and movies), the M60ti's are great. But if a majority of your listening is going to be at relatively low volume (background music or movies that dont need reference level SPL's for full effect) these might not be the speakers for you.

Edit: By way of comparison to Polk and Klipsch, I have gone back to the stores to listen to the upper end speakers by both (with my own source material) and have found them to sound muffled, as if they were playing behind a wall. Also, the Polk's seemed to have boomy bass in comparison to the Axiom's.

Last edited:
P

pfillion

Audiophyte
agarwalro said:
I love my speakers. But they seem to shine only when they play above a certain volume. At lower listening levels they sound bass anemic. Dont get me wrong, during the Episode 3 opening scene, I had the whole building structure shaking with the bass AND I HAVE NO SUBWOOFER :eek: , so theres plenty to go around if you want.

The answer to your question is, if you like high SPL's (loud music and movies), the M60ti's are great. But if a majority of your listening is going to be at relatively low volume (background music or movies that dont need reference level SPL's for full effect) these might not be the speakers for you.

Edit: By way of comparison to Polk and Klipsch, I have gone back to the stores to listen to the upper end speakers by both (with my own source material) and have found them to sound muffled, as if they were playing behind a wall. Also, the Polk's seemed to have boomy bass in comparison to the Axiom's.
That's why I got an HSU sub (STF-2) :)

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Oh yeah, I got a monster coming too...

pfillion said:
That's why I got an HSU sub (STF-2) :)
I told everyone to give me gift certificates to the SVS site. Once X'mas rolls by, I should be that much closer to the PB-12 Ultra that I drool over every day...

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis