Junior Audioholic
narrowed down to these 2

which would you choose?

the price is about the same for fronts and center channel
and Axiom does have a good return policy

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
I currently have both a pair of Studio 100 V.3's and M80's, and I prefer the M80's. They are very accurate, dynamic, and have a soundstage to kill for.

The downside is that very accuracy. A bad disc will sound bad. They need good electronics. If you like a detailed presentation, you will like tha M80's.

If you like a "smoothing" of the sound, look at the Paradigms.

S

Snarl

Audioholic
The 11's are in my opinion an excellent speaker, regretfully I have not heard the M80's so cannot comment however all indications are thay are also an excellent speaker. I would look at what your going to drive them with and consider the 11's are an 8 Ohm Speaker and the M80's are a 4 Ohm, "generally" speaking you may have less potential issues on the 8 Ohm Speakers than the 4 Ohm, this is a highly subjective statement however and really depends on what your driving them with (I'm not sure how the 5250 reciever handles 4 ohm loads), just a consideration.

Either way you'll be getting a good speaker.

S

scotty11

Junior Audioholic
thanks,

i just ordered the m60's

the 80's are 4ohm speakers and i really dont want to buy a sep amp to drive them properly.

the return policy with axiom is great and the shipping cost is minimal
but i think ill be pleased,especially since im going to the 60's from Polk RT28i bookshelf speakers which are now going to be the surrounds

have a happy new year

RLA

RLA

Audioholic Chief
Hello
Having the opportunity to install many Paradigm models and having the Axiom
M-80's in one of my reference systems I would not replace the M-80 with any of the Paradigm models. It would be very easy for me to do so but I wouldn’t.
The M-80 shocks all that hear it including many of my picky audiophile buddies:)

K

korgoth

Full Audioholic
ive only heard a few paradigm speakers, but i always thought the paradigms were supposed to be better thatn the m80's.

never heard the m80's but i plan on getting them to complete my axiom system. I just heard my cousin's paradigm mponitor 90p's and was pretty impressed. they are good sounding speakers, and cost over twice as much. Glad to hear the m80's compete with them.

Last edited:
Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
jetyi83 said:
ive only heard a few paradigm speakers, but i always thought the paradigms were supposed to be better thatn the m80's.

never heard the m80's but i plan on getting them to complete my axiom system. I just heard my cousin's paradigm mponitor 90p's and was pretty impressed. they are good sounding speakers, and cost over twice as much. Glad to hear the m80's compete with them.
You have to remember, the 90p's have 3-8inch subwoofers in each one, and a 575W amp. That might be the reason for the cost increase.

I have never had the pleasure to hear any Axiom products (and I live in canada!) but if they were better then my favorite speaker (Energy Veritas 2.4i) then they must be sweet. As they retail for thousands less then the Veritas.

SheepStar

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Sheep said:
You have to remember, the 90p's have 3-8inch subwoofers in each one, and a 575W amp. That might be the reason for the cost increase.

I have never had the pleasure to hear any Axiom products (and I live in canada!) but if they were better then my favorite speaker (Energy Veritas 2.4i) then they must be sweet. As they retail for thousands less then the Veritas.

SheepStar
Sheep - The Axioms are not necessairly "better" than the Energies. The 2.4i's are somewhat more laid back in the upper mids and treble, where the M80's are more neutral.

My guess is if you did a DBT between them, there would be those who pick the 2.4i's, and those who picked the M80's.

But - when you look at the price of an M80 based theater package, it is a tremendous bargain. :)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
craigsub said:
Sheep - The Axioms are not necessairly "better" than the Energies. The 2.4i's are somewhat more laid back in the upper mids and treble, where the M80's are more neutral.

My guess is if you did a DBT between them, there would be those who pick the 2.4i's, and those who picked the M80's.

But - when you look at the price of an M80 based theater package, it is a tremendous bargain. :)
Better as in Flatter. More transparent. I personally still like the Energy's over it. Even though I havent heard them.

SheepStar

C

craigsub

Audioholic Chief
Sheep said:
Better as in Flatter. More transparent. I personally still like the Energy's over it. Even though I havent heard them.

SheepStar
My wife agrees with you - she prefers a slightly mellower sound, too. A speaker I hope you get the chance to hear someday is the new Sapphire XL's from ACI. Smooooooooooooooooth .... :)

Tomorrow

Tomorrow

Audioholic Ninja
craigsub said:
My wife agrees with you - she prefers a slightly mellower sound, too. A speaker I hope you get the chance to hear someday is the new Sapphire XL's from ACI. Smooooooooooooooooth .... :)
I wish you'd quit that! Every time you mention ACI I have to change shirts or get out a towel. ;)

Sheep

Sheep

Audioholic Warlord
rjbudz said:
I wish you'd quit that! Every time you mention ACI I have to change shirts or get out a towel. ;)
Hahahaha! LOL!

RJ, you ol' dog you.

SheepStar

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis