AVR X3700H quick question

B

BlenderBoy

Enthusiast
Hi All,

I’m pretty sure the answer to my question is that I need another 2 channel amp but I’m hoping that I’m wrong.

I have a 7.1.2 setup with an Emotiva BasX A3 connected to my L/C/R. To connect rear height speakers to the X3700H in my setup - do I need another 2 channel amp or is there a way to assign a pair of the unused built in amps from my LCR to the rear height channels?

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Have you gone thru the amp assignment options in your manual?

ryanosaur

ryanosaur

Audioholic Overlord
Have you gone thru the amp assignment options in your manual?
This.
My Marantz allows it and it is an older model. Should be an option in Amp Assign when you activate all channels and tell it that the mains are powered externally.

B

BlenderBoy

Enthusiast
Wholly crap. I found it in the settings. Set to 11.1 in assign mode then floor to 5ch & SB. Height Sp to 4 ch and layout to front and rear height. Then was able to change pre-out from rear height to front. Excellent!!
Thanks guys!! I was in the speakers/Amp assign section ik 100 times and couldn’t figure it out. This makes me very happy!!!

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Wholly crap. I found it in the settings. Set to 11.1 in assign mode then floor to 5ch & SB. Height Sp to 4 ch and layout to front and rear height. Then was able to change pre-out from rear height to front. Excellent!!
Thanks guys!! I was in the speakers/Amp assign section ik 100 times and couldn’t figure it out. This makes me very happy!!!
Manuals are pretty good with Denon....just have to go thru them....

B

BlenderBoy

Enthusiast
Yep. Went back into the manual after the fact and it is in there. Pages 55 and 221. When clicking around in the settings I couldn’t figure out how to change the pre to the fronts. No matter what I did I couldn’t figure out how to get the pre off of the sp height2. Thanks again. All set here now. Glad to know I don’t need to spend more $$ on another amp. Made my day today.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis