avpa1hd not detecting audyssey mic

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Hey guys, i have been using my audyssey pro kit and have found that when i take some measurements its not detecting the subwoofer when playing back the tones through the speakers as its very low so i decided to test it with the standard mic that came with the avpa1hd upgrade and the avp does not detect the original mic either when i plug it in.My sub works fine when i play back music or movies.Any help would be great.Time for bed.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Maybe some lint in the mic jack? Why it would single out the subs I don't know but that's my first thought with a mic issue....

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Have you shut off the power completely (not just standby)?

I think next step would be to do a HARD RESET.

I've never had an issue with the Mic for either my AVP-A1 or AVR-5308 or any Denon.

Grassy

Grassy

Full Audioholic
Yep, the hard reset did the trick. I think because i was using Audyssy pro kit to begin with, it was conflicting with the initial setup of standard Audyssey and the standard mic.The reason i wanted to use the standard mic is that i needed to check a phase error i was getting with the pro kit.So to sum it all up i would say "If we have loaded measurements with the pro kit to our Avp's and decide to start using the basic mic that came with the Avp then a hard reset is required". Thanks guys

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis