Av turning surround sound speakers off

M

Mulley2472

Enthusiast
This is probably a goofy question but how can I set up my denon avrx2100 so that I only get the surround sound speakers to come on when I want them. Say when watching sports or a movie as I don't need surround sound when my kids are watching there programs. My receicer is listed above and my tv is a Samsung un65h7150. I don't want to have to go through the long process every time of changing the tv speakers to the tv speakers every time. I'm sure there is a simple fix. I'm just a beginner and need some helo

WaynePflughaupt

WaynePflughaupt

Audioholic Samurai

Seems easy enough, just enable the TV’s speakers in the TV’s menu. Mute them with the TV remote when you go to watch a movie or sports.

Regards,
Wayne A. Pflughaupt

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
I use the Direct mode, which disengages the sub and surround and center, using just the L and R speakers at full range.

If this is still too loud, go with the last suggestion.

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
What do you mean "direct mode?"
Sorry, I forgot that Denon calls it Pure, it's the yellow button on the lower right of the remote. Just hit it once. Hitting it twice goes into pure direct and will turn off video.

M

Mulley2472

Enthusiast
Thank you for the follow up. Since my receicer is in a closet behind my tv I am looking for a option as far as a remote control. Am I stuck with a 325.00 Harmony remote?

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
It's likely in your Harmony menu, scroll through it. Outside that, I'd suggest finding your Denon remote and keeping it at least handy.

M

Mulley2472

Enthusiast
I guess I was asking if Harmony would be one of the cheaper options to be able to control my received RF I know you can use the denon app but I'd rather have a dedicated remote for the surround sound

ATLAudio

ATLAudio

Senior Audioholic
Yeah, if you don't have access to your DENON REMOTE CONTROLLER, then I don't think I can help you much.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis