Auton 1001-LCD Motorized Projector Lift

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
You've already purchased your front projection system and all your components, and now you're left with a daunting task. How do you mount the projector, without hearing an earful from your significant other; or in this case, in a conference room with a commercial drop-ceiling? Many mounts and stands can be not-so-appealing to the female eye, such as a pole dropping from the ceiling, a stand behind the couch, or a box sitting on the conference room table. You ask yourself: does visual perfection really have to come at such a price?

Discuss "Auton 1001-LCD Motorized Projector Lift" here. Read the article.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
You've already purchased your front projection system and all your components, and now you're left with a daunting task. How do you mount the projector, without hearing an earful from your significant other; or in this case, in a conference room with a commercial drop-ceiling? Many mounts and stands can be not-so-appealing to the female eye, such as a pole dropping from the ceiling, a stand behind the couch, or a box sitting on the conference room table. You ask yourself: does visual perfection really have to come at such a price?

].
Not sure how that would fit in a residence unless there are other models:D
Forgot what I paid for mine but a bit of woodworking will tilt the scale to that WAF:D

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts, what is your model ?
Boy, you made me dig through all that paper, manuals, etc:D
It is a Draper Aerolift50, load lift to 50lbs. The projector is about 42lbs.
This box extends 15.5" down from the ceiling in the closed position.
I think this lift can drop 42" but best to check them on line:D

Oh, and it was about $2300 not that long ago.

So.... a sleek streamlined projector was a no-no... but a huge wooden crate attached to the ceiling was acceptable? I will never understand some women.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

So.... a sleek streamlined projector was a no-no... but a huge wooden crate attached to the ceiling was acceptable? I will never understand some women.
Yep, some don't have an attic to place that monstrosity up in:D or the space between the ceiling joists between floors:D

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis