Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Does anyone know of any software that will automatically tag mp3's that are currently incorrectly tagged?
Like it goes online and searches for the correct tags? Preferably free, but either way!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Does anyone know of any software that will automatically tag mp3's that are currently incorrectly tagged?
Like it goes online and searches for the correct tags? Preferably free, but either way!
At the risk coming across rude, but not intending to. Google is your friend. There are tons of software that do this, but you run the risk of screwing up your collection.

I use Jaikoz, but it is not free. It uses the Musicbrainz database so do numerous other software. Media Monkey is another that I think might be free.

Just be careful.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
At the risk coming across rude, but not intending to. Google is your friend. There are tons of software that do this, but you run the risk of screwing up your collection.

I use Jaikoz, but it is not free. It uses the Musicbrainz database so do numerous other software. Media Monkey is another that I think might be free.

Just be careful.
I looked on google, but didn't find one that does that specifically. At the risk of coming across rude, it is actually possible I looked before I posted.
Thx for the tip on Jaikoz!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
I looked on google, but didn't find one that does that specifically. At the risk of coming across rude, it is actually possible I looked before I posted.
Thx for the tip on Jaikoz!
There's no way you didn't find anything, but no need to hash that out.

I like Jaikoz because it puts everything in excel style spreadsheet so you can make sure everything is correct before you write the tags.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
Your Jaikoz tip led me to Zortam. I got a lifetime subscription, including updates for less than $18 with a discount they are offering right now. Good timing!

panteragstk

panteragstk

Audioholic Warlord
Your Jaikoz tip led me to Zortam. I got a lifetime subscription, including updates for less than $18 with a discount they are offering right now. Good timing!
Nice. Let us know how you like it.

Squishman

Squishman

Audioholic General
It is pretty slick and easy to use. I had tagged my mostly top-40 hits where I do not have the albums into folders named for whatever year. The reason was, I wanted them to be located on my iPod that way. I have since changed my mind and needed the original tags restored.

Ponzio

Ponzio

Audioholic Samurai
If u purchase a copy of any Roxio burning software like the Roxio Easy CD & DVD Burning suite ($30) u get lifetime access to the GraceNote metadata and automatic content recognition database to ID mp3/flac/etc. tracks. While it's not 100% goof-proof, especially for rare recordings, overall I'd say it easily has a 90% success rate.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis