Audyssey / ARC Multiple Profiles (e.g. Marantz AV8802A, Anthem AVM 60)

C

ChGr

Audioholic Intern
In reviewing the OMs for these products it appears that you can save 4 profiles for the Anthem but just one for the Marantz.

I'm most concerned with room correction here. Does this mean that with the Anthem you could run room correction for your 5.2.4 setup then run it again, say in 2.0, then in 2.2 modes (and save them as Profiles 1, 2 an 3)? Would the room correction be different when you eliminate speakers? I would have to imagine it would be.

It seems as though the Marantz has just the one profile, although you can make a manual change then pretty easily have it revert to the Audyssey setting. I guess you could run Audyssey at the 5.2.4 configuration then again at 2.2 and note the differences, then when playing at 2.2 make manual adjustments and have it revert to corrected when switching back to 5.2.4?

Does the ability to save multiple profiles lie in the hardware, not the room correction software?

For those of you with AVM60s are you using multiple profiles as above or is this an invalid concern?

Thanks.

P

prk504

Audioholic Intern
In arc your speaker number or configuration stays the same. The profiles allow you to change the electronic corrections based on target curves, which order roll offs, crossovers, gain, etc.

So you would run arc on all of your speakers and then arc would eq each individual speaker. Then you can make the manual changes of turning off and on speakers through the osd, just like the marantz.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
You can save different Audyssey calibrations as files on your computer (at least I believe all the XT32 equipped units do, I can on my Denon) but it takes a while to re-load each calibration so not good for instant switching. The new Audyssey MultEQ Editor app isn't supported by the 8802 it appears (just the 7703) which would give you further flexibility (altho @Pogre has had issues with his Marantz and the app).

P

prk504

Audioholic Intern
A workaround for saving Audyssey files is to backup the settings via the web portal to your pc. This takes about 10 minutes to save it, but you can save an unlimited number of profiles. They will take a while to load though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis