D

dajovin

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>
&nbsp;Okay, I have narrowed my speaker search down to Axiom's, just settling on the specifics, center/fronts/surrounds. Next is either SVS sub, or HSU. Now the big question, the receiver. I thought I had settled in on the HK AVR 525, now I read, and have been directed towards the Pioneer Elite 53TX. I liked the idea of the self calibration on the elite. Now everyone is waiting for the new Yamaha's. But these seem way out of my price league, as does the HK 7200. I don't see that much of a diff between the 53TX or the 55 TXi Elites. Now while I don't want anything to become obsolete, I don't want to OVEREXTEND. Whatever I buy today will probably stay with me for quite a while. I enjoy music/movies as a hobby. The only thing I may have to upgrade is my TV if they come out with the HDTV, and that I would have to be forced to do. I personally don't see EVERY channel only offering this as a sole option. So would I be equally content with the Elite or HK. Which is the better bang for my buck, and limited capacity in this hobby.
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
G

<font color='#000000'>I own the 53TX and absolutely love it.  The sound is warm and very, very clean.  In my opinion, Pioneer Elite receivers provide a much better listening experience than the HK's.  You're right, the new Yamaha's do look pretty sweet, but, if you look at the features, the new Yamahas and the Elites are very similar (THX Select, auto calibration, bass management, etc.).  Yamaha has more DSP's.  Also, Yamaha has more power per channel, but, if you are using efficient speakers, this really is not that big of a deal.  Good luck in your reasearching and buying.  I can say, though, that, given the equipment you are considering, you are going to be quite happy with your new HT.</font>

D

dajovin

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Does the 53TX offer muti-room capabilities like the HK.
I liked this, not a must have, could live with a/b speaker switching.
But thisis a nice feature for the summer, deck speakers etc.</font>

G

<font color='#000000'>Yes, the 53TX has multi-room support</font>

D

dajovin

Audiophyte
<font color='#000000'>Would anyone really consider the 55 &nbsp;TXI over the 53TX, IF money was an option. The 53TX seems w/in my budget. The TXI is almost 400 over. Aside from the ilink any real betterment to the TXI. I really don't see myself all that ga ga over sacd. I do not buy movies, I do watch satellite/PPV/sports.
I RARELY rent or almost NEVER BUY dvd's.
I do make my own cd's, and will dabble in DVD's. My sony DVD handles the dvd -r's.
Is the 53TX above the HK AVR 525. Should I set the bar at the 53 TX, and look from there?
</font>

Last edited by a moderator:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis