Audiophile Gamers Needed

apatel25314

apatel25314

Audioholic
Ok so i got my 360 through optical, ps3 through hdmi, but right now i can only hookup my wii through composite, i was wondering if you knew a digital soultion to this?

A

abboudc

Audioholic Chief
apatel25314 said:
Ok so i got my 360 through optical, ps3 through hdmi, but right now i can only hookup my wii through composite, i was wondering if you knew a digital soultion to this?
Nope. But you can do 480p via component. Soundwise, the best the Wii does is Dolby Pro Logic II.

You bought the wrong console if you're looking for AV-phile. But the remote is cool :)

Last edited:
M

mjhamre

Audioholic Intern
On the video side there are component cables, but RCA L&R is all that you are going to get for audio, I have not seen anything higher announced. The Wii does not support anything higher than 480p, but getting the component cables will get you that.

B

Bigsilvs

Audioholic
Just remember to switch your settings to "EDTV or HDTV 480p" on your Wii if you get the Component cables. Wii options>Wii Settings>TV Resolution>EDTV or HDTV 480p.

Also, make sure you do not spend $30 on them because they barely make a difference on my 46" Samsung LCD HDTV. I have 8 hours on Zelda and have switched back to composite cables twice with noticing minimal difference. I would just wait until more 3rd party Component cables are released to get them for $5-$10 or don't get them at all.

Though there isn't a digital output on the Wii at least the Dolby Prologic II sounds great.

apatel25314

apatel25314

Audioholic
i didnt it was ps3 hdmi and optical. and i put 360 component and optical

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis