Audioholics Store Review

K

Ken-Hunter

Audiophyte
I thought I'd review my first purchasing experience with Audioholics. On Feb. 15th I ordered the following:

1 x Onkyo TX-SR707 Surround Receiver
1 x Panasonic DMP-BD60K Blu-ray Disc Player

Pretty standard stuff I'm sure you'd agree. Today is Mar. 3rd and all I have received is disc player and that took a week to finally ship.

Communication with Customer: Very Poor
I email and it takes a minimum of 3 days to receive a reply. I call and no one picks up so I leave a voice mail.

Products In Stock: Extremely Poor

Neither of these two items were in stock. The disc player when it finally did arrive had been drop shipped from a distributor. This only occurred I believe because I had emailed several times complaining that I haven't received any updates to my inquiry about when my order would ship. I was only informed
the Onkyo was back ordered after my third inquiry.

Follow Up - Keeping Commitments: Very Poor
When I learned of the back ordered Onkyo I was told they would be receiving a restock order by the 26th and my order would be shipped at that time. I did not receive a tracking number or update on the status of my order by March 1st so I emailed again. Today is the 3rd and I have still not received a reply to my email or a tracing number. I have called and no operator picked up so I left a voice mail.

Overall Satisfaction & Purchasing Experience: Extremely Poor
Background on me. I own an online business myself. I understand an retailer doesn't always have control over manufacturers and distributors to maintain stock. However, they do have control over communicating delays and being responsive to customers. This is the primary reason I would not recommend doing business with Audioholics and I will not be doing business with them in the future.

Now, lets see how long this post lasts before it's deleted.

Last edited by a moderator:
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Ken;

Thanks for bringing this issue to our attention. I am told that since we awarded the Onkyo 707 Product of Year its been backordered virtually everywhere.

I forwarded your post to the AH E-store principles. They should get back to you shortly.

We are happy people let us know of their buying experiences through the AH E-store. Its this feedback that allows us to press them harder to better serve our readers. Thanks.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Now, lets see how long this post lasts before it's deleted.
Man, I hope you're not holding your breath. Seriously this isn't the first time they have been complained about for similar stuff (yes, I have my own quip) but it's just these kind of posts that will help them get it right. They appreciate a good swift kick to the nads every so often. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
A

AH Store Admin1

Banned
Hi Ken,

Thanks for your review. We are sorry that the service you have received fell short of your expectations, and will work to address these matters in order to improve our overall shopping experience. We have been growing very rapidly in the past few months and have been unable to keep up with the email and phone call volume at times, which is something we are working to improve.

As Gene mentioned, the Onkyo TX-SR707 has been a very high demand item since it won the Audioholics Product of the Year award. As a matter of fact, it has been backordered everywhere. Sadly, we have been misled by our Onkyo supplier about when we would get more units in stock. We did receive a restock order on the 26th, but only got 11 pieces instead of the 50 that were promised. Unfortunately, there were more than 11 people ahead of you on the backorder list at the time.

We would be happy to offer you a free upgrade to the Onkyo TX-NR807 due to the delay. (NOTE: It is sold out right now but expected back in stock well before the TX-SR707). We could also offer the Yamaha RX-V1065 which is in stock right now.

Also, we aren't going to delete your post. We screw up sometimes just like any other business, but pride ourselves on going out of our way to make things right.

Best regards,
Will / Audioholics Store Management

K

Ken-Hunter

Audiophyte
Hi Ken,

Thanks for your review. We are sorry that the service you have received fell short of your expectations, and will work to address these matters in order to improve our overall shopping experience. We have been growing very rapidly in the past few months and have been unable to keep up with the email and phone call volume at times, which is something we are working to improve.

As Gene mentioned, the Onkyo TX-SR707 has been a very high demand item since it won the Audioholics Product of the Year award. As a matter of fact, it has been backordered everywhere. Sadly, we have been misled by our Onkyo supplier about when we would get more units in stock. We did receive a restock order on the 26th, but only got 11 pieces instead of the 50 that were promised. Unfortunately, there were more than 11 people ahead of you on the backorder list at the time.

We would be happy to offer you a free upgrade to the Onkyo TX-NR807 due to the delay. (NOTE: It is sold out right now but expected back in stock well before the TX-SR707). We could also offer the Yamaha RX-V1065 which is in stock right now.

Also, we aren't going to delete your post. We screw up sometimes just like any other business, but pride ourselves on going out of our way to make things right.

Best regards,
Will / Audioholics Store Management
I did receive a call shortly after posting this review of my experience. I was made this same offer and so I spent about 20 minutes researching this model and made the decision to accept the offer. Sent off an email only to get a reply the Onkyo TX-NR807 is also out of stock with no ETA. So, how do they make this right? By making me an offer they can't make good on. Yeah, that helps change my opinion.

Ken

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
It says right in that statement that the 807 is out of stock, but will be coming in before the 707. IMO, it is a better unit than the 707 for the same price, so I would say they are taking care of you pretty well. Yes, you have to wait longer, but you are getting a much better deal.

K

Ken-Hunter

Audiophyte
It says right in that statement that the 807 is out of stock, but will be coming in before the 707. IMO, it is a better unit than the 707 for the same price, so I would say they are taking care of you pretty well. Yes, you have to wait longer, but you are getting a much better deal.
however, the offer was presented to me on the phone prior to their post quoted above. the person who called made the offer and told me it was in stock. why you make an offer like that without first checking to see if it's in stock is beyond me.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
In like an hour and a half you got a pretty sweet proposal.
They're working on the problem and trying to take care of you.
Nobody is gonna be able to put the tooth paste back in the tube.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like that line? I've been saving it. :)

K

Ken-Hunter

Audiophyte
In like an hour and a half you got a pretty sweet proposal.
They're working on the problem and trying to take care of you.
Nobody is gonna be able to put the tooth paste back in the tube.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Like that line? I've been saving it. :)
yes i am grateful it didn't take them two weeks this time to tell me it's not in stock and i do appreciate them giving me a free upgrade option that is also not available. now if i can just get one of these sent to my house....

K

Ken-Hunter

Audiophyte
I was sold on the Onkyo brand but since neither is available and they also offered the Yamaha RX-V1065. Any thoughts on the Yamaha over the Onkyo TX-SR707 and the Onkyo TX-NR807? I've got a brand new 55" Samsung LED HDTV and JBL speakers that I'm dying to get connected.

Thanks in advance for any comparison information.

Ken

Nomo

Nomo

Audioholic Samurai
I was sold on the Onkyo brand but since neither is available and they also offered the Yamaha RX-V1065. Any thoughts on the Yamaha over the Onkyo TX-SR707 and the Onkyo TX-NR807? I've got a brand new 55" Samsung LED HDTV and JBL speakers that I'm dying to get connected.

Ken
Simply my opinion:
The Onkyo has a better amp section, but will run hotter.
The Yamaha has better features over-all.
In this scenerio, assuming you can wait, I'd take the Onkyo 807.

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai

Ken
I agree with NOMO on the wait for the ONK , how ever since your patience seems to have grown very thin up to this point there is absolutely nothing at all wrong with the Yammy it has more features and like mentioned above , it does not run as hot as the Onk, you will have it sooner and surely never look back as it will provide many years of outstanding service, "you will be up and running, sooner":D

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
I would also wait for the Onkyo. Overall its a better receiver. Good things come to the ones who wait. ;)

It will have a better amp section, and the Audyssey system is superior to the Yamaha YPAO. Set up should also be easier.

K

Ken-Hunter

Audiophyte
thanks for the advice...i'll wait for the onkyo and it sounds like 807 would be a better choice?

rmk

rmk

Audioholic Chief
FYIW, I have purchased several items from the AH Store over the last couple of years. There was one back order situation where they could have been a bit more proactive but overall I have been very happy with the service. That includes a return that was processed quickly and professionally.

Shock

Shock

Audioholic General
The AH store wanted to charge me 51 dollars in shipping to ship a product that cost 100 bucks. :(

I can't blame them though, I blame myself.....for living in this frozen wasteland!

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis