Audioholics SOTU Trade Show Event New Product Announcements

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
We’ve been touting all the great food, prizes and party swag giveaways at our 10th Annual State of the CE Union (SOTU) Event this October 23rd and 24th at the Disney Dolphin resort in Orlando Florida. But, what is equally impressive is the new array of electronics and speakers that will be debuting at our event via our 6 state of the art demo rooms and showfloor convention areas.

Discuss "Audioholics SOTU Trade Show Event New Product Announcements" here. Read the article.

N

ned

Full Audioholic
This is obviously streaming non-HD material. It is not clear in the article. At this point in the game I'm not interested in non-HD title.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
This is obviously streaming non-HD material. It is not clear in the article. At this point in the game I'm not interested in non-HD title.
Huh? what does streaming HD material have to do with our event? There will be blu ray players in every room and you can be sure everything will be running hi def.

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
Will there be a good amount of Cal gear on display????

engtaz

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Will there be a good amount of Cal gear on display????

engtaz
Some and I need to write this up. Audio Precision and Sencore will be showing off test gear.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Gene, there was discussion of Roger Russell's IDS-25, in another thread.
Along with speculation as to how it sounded.
He lives in Florida, and I was wondering if you felt his speaker would be a good fit at the SOTU Trade Show?
Thanks,
Rick

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Gene, there was discussion of Roger Russell's IDS-25, in another thread.
Along with speculation as to how it sounded.
He lives in Florida, and I was wondering if you felt his speaker would be a good fit at the SOTU Trade Show?
Thanks,
Rick
Our demo rooms are already packed with equipment from our sponsors so there is no availability. Honestly I am not a big fan of line array type speakers using all the same drivers like those. A 3 1/2" mid is too small to be a good woof and too big to be a good tweet IMO and they usually involve heavy EQing just to linearize the response and make them listenable. But Roger may be so good that he has overcome the laws of phsyics so I reserve judgement until I have a chance to actually hear them.

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
Our demo rooms are already packed with equipment from our sponsors so there is no availability. Honestly I am not a big fan of line array type speakers using all the same drivers like those. A 3 1/2" mid is too small to be a good woof and too big to be a good tweet IMO and they usually involve heavy EQing just to linearize the response and make them listenable. But Roger may be so good that he has overcome the laws of phsyics so I reserve judgement until I have a chance to actually hear them.
I understand.
Thank You for the quick reply! Though Bertha is still holds the record.:D

bandphan

bandphan

Banned
Id still like to see RR attend without gear, just for some wonderful talking points:D

engtaz

engtaz

Full Audioholic
Gene, Roger Russell could be invited and maybe do a demo in his room. hint hint

engtaz

majorloser

majorloser

Gene, Roger Russell could be invited and maybe do a demo in his room. hint hint

engtaz
I would say it's a little late to add new sponsors to this event.

You may be better off having another Florida GTG sponsored by Roger Russell as one of the significant suppliers. There's alway Lollapa Loser '09 :rolleyes:

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Id still like to see RR attend without gear, just for some wonderful talking points
Anyone is welcome to register to our event. I don't have any direct contact with Roger but I'd be willing to waive his registration fee if he would like to attend simply b/c he is an industry insider and has been a veteran of it for so long.

I would say it's a little late to add new sponsors to this event.
for demo rooms thats true, but I am still signing on companies for static floor space displays and seminars :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis