Audioholics Showcase Home Theater after Laminate Flooring Install

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Here are some preliminary pics after I installed the new laminate fllooring in my theater room and replaced my DD15s with DD15+'s (review forthcoming).

So far I am liking what I am hearing but I'm contemplating adding some ceiling absorption over the right front side of the room by the equipment rack to reduce audible slap echo that only occurs in that area since its bare floor and ceiling.

Attachments

majorloser

majorloser

Why change the floor? Your room was almost completely dead.

Let me guess, Shane had you make the changes for the new toys that are coming? :rolleyes:

90gstman

Audioholic Intern
Here are some preliminary pics after I installed the new laminate fllooring in my theater room and replaced my DD15s with DD15+'s (review forthcoming).

Out of all the equipment that has come and gone in my system over the years the one item I have never had the urge to update is my Velodyne F1500 (grampa of the DD15). Im that happy with it. That DD15 Plus must be something else!

Nice floor by the way.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Why change the floor? Your room was almost completely dead.

Let me guess, Shane had you make the changes for the new toys that are coming?

One reason:

1. the builder of my home screwed up my carpet pad when they were fixing a flooring issue which left huge gaps that I kept tripping on when walking without shoes.

2. my room was a bit too dry so adding the wood flooring really opened things up a bit for stereo listening. I feel my room is better balanced now overall.

3. It made my wife really happy which eclipses reasons #1 and #2 :)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis