Audioholics Memberships - Do you want one?

Would you like to see Audioholics Membership Option?

• Yes

Votes: 26 48.1%
  • No

Votes: 11 20.4%
  • Don't care

Votes: 17 31.5%

• Total voters
gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
All, we are toying with the idea of offering annual Audioholics memberships that would include the following:

• Upgrade forum title/status
  • ability to upload larger file sizes on forums
  • downloadable PDF copies of our reviews and articles
  • E-store discounts

Does this sound like something you would be interested in? If so, please give us feedback on other options you'd like to see and what you would be willing to pay annual for this exclusive membership.

thanks.

Last edited:
its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
Doesn't matter to me either way, as long as the website/articles are still free to view normally :D

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Doesn't matter to me either way, as long as the website/articles are still free to view normally :D
definitely. you will NEVER lose functionality b/c of membership. We simply want to add premium services for a small fee to handle supporting them.

T

Trev

Audioholic
Used to be part of another forum that did something similar. If I remember right, they offered multiple packages. Basic, intermediate membership, and pro.

Basic was just upgraded title and increased PM mailbox size.

Middle choice was upgraded title, increased PM, and logo/patch or sticker mailed to them.

Pro was all the same as middle package, but think it was also a shirt or something, and an affiliate discount at certain online shops. (5-10%).

Each membership renewed per year, or you could pay for extended 2-3 year.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
yes, I'd be interested
In addition to your list - a very large number of private messages
Also as some forums do - restrict custom signatures to premium members, especially tag
Cost should be relatively small

I won't care much for small (5-10%) discounts in AH store (but it's just me)

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
I personally wouldn't take advantage of it, but I think it would be good for those that do, since it would give the site more revenue.

monkish54

monkish54

Audioholic General
An increased # of private messages would be excellent. Definitely worth a small fee! :D

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Depends on the e-store discounts. Would it be special deals only sent to those users or a constant % off? The other stuff isn't quite as tempting, so would depend on the size of the fee I think.

B

Boerd

Full Audioholic
I think content is king. I'd pay for articles. I'd pay to have access to a library of measurements for headphones, speakers, etc.
I'd pay to download all the above and read during my 45 minutes daily commute with common transportation.
I'd never pay for a title nor signature - that's so Facebook (FUD).

(My) bottom line: I'd pay as long as I get interesting stuff to read.

brianedm

brianedm

Audioholic General
Anytime I've looked at purchasing anything from the store it doesn't ship to Canada :( so until thats possible, I'd be a no.

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
All, we are toying with the idea of offering annual Audioholics memberships that would include the following:

• E-store discounts

Does this sound like something you would be interested in? If so, please give us feedback on other options you'd like to see and what you would be willing to pay annual for this exclusive membership.

thanks.
Dear Gene,
I'm definitely interested, especially the ability to load larger files.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I think content is king. I'd pay for articles. I'd pay to have access to a library of measurements for headphones, speakers, etc.
I'd pay to download all the above and read during my 45 minutes daily commute with common transportation.
I'd never pay for a title nor signature - that's so Facebook (FUD).

(My) bottom line: I'd pay as long as I get interesting stuff to read.
I think you are looking at this from wrong point of view.
As Gene said, The main site provided and will keep providing free access to it's library of reviews and measurements.

Premium forum access and it's benefits are meant to support the site and will allow to review more products and have better tools while at it. The direct benefits you'll receive (aka few neat forum feats) are just gratitude for your support

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
  • E-store discounts
IMO, membership needs more tangible benefits. I don't plan on shopping at the e-store unless the discounts make it competitive with other online retailers, and I don't really have a use for PDF copies, uploading larger files, or an upgraded forum status (ok, maybe I would like this :D). None of those really grab my attention enough to warrant becoming a member, although I would be willing to just on the basis that the forum needs help financially (hopefully to expand offerings).

What about a private member only forum section? Exclusive access to some contests?

cpp

cpp

Audioholic Ninja
If it's to support the site and to keep the forum going, that's a different story and I would support that since there is a lot of helpful information shared.

Now if its a membership to get purchase discounts etc..nope forget it.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
I would consider it, if we could get more in depth reviews,
over the less informing/marketing type video reviews.

itschris

itschris

More PMs and uploading larger files is not a big deal to me. I still, however, would be interested in a membership only because the amount of info I've gotten here as been invaluable and has saved tons of money anyway.

A couple of things though:
1) there should be a Members Only section
2) in that section you should be forums to discuss whatever you want, how you want.

I'm all for supporting the board.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Membership benefits could include,
- sneak peeks for upcoming reviews
- peer review of member reviews that can be added to the main site
- workshops and webinars
- informal local GTGs
- a Google Circles group (I'm still not on Facebook :))

Last edited:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis