Audioholics Launches New Acoustic Section

As you are probabaly aware, Audioholics has spent a considerable amount of time debunking the myths associated with audio cables. As a result, many people now have more disposable income that may otherwise have made its way into the pockets of snake oil venders. So where do you put all that extra time and money? The listening environment, that's where!

We are partnering with Rives Audio to present the full story behind room correction and how making tweaks to your listening environment will not only result in a better musical and theatrical experience - it can be scientifically proven to have positive effects on your system's ability to accurately reproduce sound.

Visit the New Acoustics Section

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
I'm glad to see some time and space applied to room acoustics. In my own room I have tried to make it as acoustically "right" as possible. I have DIY room and wall treatments and have made extensive use of the two best tools available. Walk around your room and clap your hands and listen. With a little practice you can easily hear echo and ringing in different parts of the room and will know what has to be done. Get rid of the echo's and ringing! Bass traps, abfusers, diffusors or any thing alse you can think of to tame room acoustics will be a lot more effective than any electronic eq or filtering. Also most of these thing are cheaper than active electronics leaving more money for stuff to listen to or watch. You know; CD's, DVD's, SACD's, DVD-A's and for all us retro folks, LP's. :cool:

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
JoeE SP9 said:
Walk around your room and clap your hands and listen. With a little practice you can easily hear echo and ringing in different parts of the room and will know what has to be done. :

If I remeber correctly, Dr Floyde Toole poopooed this method. Wish I had that link :)

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
hawke said:
As you are probabaly aware, Audioholics has spent a considerable amount of time debunking the myths associated with audio cables. As a result, many people now have more disposable income that may otherwise have made its way into the pockets of snake oil venders. So where do you put all that extra time and money? The listening environment, that's where!

We are partnering with Rives Audio to present the full story behind room correction and how making tweaks to your listening environment will not only result in a better musical and theatrical experience - it can be scientifically proven to have positive effects on your system's ability to accurately reproduce sound.

Visit the New Acoustics Section

Great :) Really the most importan aspect in audio :cool:
The link is impressive. I doubt most cables will save enough to match those setups though :D

plhart

Audioholic
Originally Posted by JoeE SP9
"Walk around your room and clap your hands and listen. With a little practice you can easily hear echo and ringing in different parts of the room and will know what has to be done. :"

"If I remember correctly, Dr Floyd Toole poopooed this method. Wish I had that link "

Actually, Dr. Toole does poopoo to this "typical behavior" of room acoustics guru's. He points out that the only place it makes any sense to do the hands clapping stunt is while seated in the listening position. That's just one of the simple yet brilliant gems of wisdom Dr. Toole pointed out during his CEDIA Seminar "Room Acoustics: The Room and Loudspeaker System".

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis