Audioholics 2012 GTG Event: Live Demos, Meet & Greet, FREE Prizes Food & Drink

M

Muzikal-JRNE

Audiophyte
I'm definitely in!!! I think I will come by myself so nobody will hold me back in my chance to share with my fellow "Audioholics" in my AUDIO OBSESSION :D I will be there on Saturday.

Cheers, Joe

M

Muzikal-JRNE

Audiophyte
Does anybody plan on bring some of their equipment?
I've got some nice DIY speakers and subs that I could bring if people are interested. (That is if I don't end up selling them before the GTG.) I guess it all depends on what people might want to hear. I'm always down for listening to anything anyone might want to bring :cool:

Cheers, Joe

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
Does anybody plan on bring some of their equipment?
Anyone planning on bringing gear, please email me: gds@audioholics.com

In the email subject: Audioholics GTG Gear Submission

Then tell me what you plan on bringing so I can be sure to allocate enough space in a listening room or two. It would be great if you guys could coordinate so we don't just have 4 people bringing speakers and no amplifiers.

Ideally I want to populate an Audioholics Forum room that is fully functional so listeners can just switch between speakers or electronics.

thanks.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
If I'd be local, I'd bring my jbl monitors - they are compact and worth displaying, but alas flying them from NY is a bit drastic for me... sorry

majorloser

majorloser

I could supply a CD/DVD changer, an RCA switching box, a B&K 7270 amp and B&K Ref 31 pre/pro if needed. The amp has independent gain adustments for each channel which would allow 3 pairs of speakers to be compaired.

I might even be talked into bringing a pair of Status Acoustic Decimos or a pair of RBH TK-5Ct's.

Gene: would we need to supply our own cables and interconnects? How about a dB meter?

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I could supply a CD/DVD changer, an RCA switching box, a B&K 7270 amp and B&K Ref 31 pre/pro if needed. The amp has independent gain adustments for each channel which would allow 3 pairs of speakers to be compaired.

I might even be talked into bringing a pair of Status Acoustic Decimos or a pair of RBH TK-5Ct's.

Gene: would we need to supply our own cables and interconnects? How about a dB meter?
Sounds Excellent Dave. Who was the guy you had at your place switching out the amps, and setting up the A/B switch boxes? Was it Bandphan or someone like that? If so, I hope he can attend and assist as he did a great job!

I will get a cable sponsor to furnish some cables and I will bring my Dayton Audio Omni Mic system which also has a very accurate SPL meter.

psbfan9

psbfan9

Audioholic Samurai
I'm giving this some serious consideration since 10/26 is my birthday. Hey, do I get 10% off the free admission since it's my birthday? :D

I can bring some wine from some the lake Michigan shore wineries and some of this:

Bell's Brewery, Inc. :: Home

Barry

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I'm giving this some serious consideration since 10/26 is my birthday. Hey, do I get 10% off the free admission since it's my birthday? :D

I can bring some wine from some the lake Michigan shore wineries and some of this:

Bell's Brewery, Inc. :: Home

Barry
Cool, my B-Day is the following day (10/27). Admission to our event is FREE and includes lunch so long as you post here and tell us you're coming.

PS. I am definitely down with you bringing some wine/beer from Bell's!

Last edited:
STRONGBADF1

STRONGBADF1

Audioholic Spartan
If I'd be local, I'd bring my jbl monitors - they are compact and worth displaying, but alas flying them from NY is a bit drastic for me... sorry
I still have to fully commit but... Bringing larger/heavier things on a plane would be a pain. UPS/FEDEx is a possibility but another expense and gamble. I'd bring my Ascend 170se's so people who haven't could hear them but I think we should just lobby Dave at Ascend Acoustics to sponsor a room.:) Hopefully all those way cool guys that are driving to the event can bring lots of cool stuff.:)

majorloser

majorloser

Sounds Excellent Dave. Who was the guy you had at your place switching out the amps, and setting up the A/B switch boxes? Was it Bandphan or someone like that? If so, I hope he can attend and assist as he did a great job!

I will get a cable sponsor to furnish some cables and I will bring my Dayton Audio Omni Mic system which also has a very accurate SPL meter.
I keep my Omni Mic in my laptop case, so I'll have mine, too.

The guy who was switching things out was jvgillow. He moved to North Carolina. We were using my B&K amp and his switch box.

BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
I'd bring my Ascend 170se's so people who haven't could hear them but I think we should just lobby Dave at Ascend Acoustics to sponsor a room.:) Hopefully all those way cool guys that are driving to the event can bring lots of cool stuff.:)
+1000 !!! PLEASE - I'D LOVE TO DEMO ASCENDs !!

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
+1000 !!! PLEASE - I'D LOVE TO DEMO ASCENDs !!
I emailed David from Ascends. I'd love to have them participate as well. Come on guys, get registered so I can make selling this event even easier to other potential sponsors!

majorloser

majorloser

I emailed David from Ascends. I'd love to have them participate as well.
Come on guys, get registered so I can make selling this event even easier to other potential sponsors!
Gotta put it in big letter :D

P

palmharbor

Junior Audioholic
Clearwater Event

I went to all the days of the event in Clearwater Beach and it was a great event. I learned about the excellent Emotiva products and now have the PreAmpProcessor and the 5.1 power amp. THIS IS WELL WORTH ATTENDING.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis