Audioengine A2+, anyone audition/review them yet?

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
As the title says. I have had a set of A5+s in the box for almost 2 years now (I know, I know) and I'm considering the A2+ since I need a smaller form factor. Considering they also have the built in DAC, they look like a real winner. Anyone have them yet?

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
Well, considering they are basically brand new, I kind of doubt it. So pick a pair up and be the one to review them for us :D

30 day trial...>hint hint<

Last edited:
Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Haha trust me, it's crossed my mind. I really just never use my desktop, so I am thinking of breaking it down and using my laptop down there, which is where the A2+ would be handy. I am also thinking about using them as a bedroom system. Either way, I know they won't get used a lot. I'm really interested in seeing how they do for gaming as well, even though all I play is the old command and conquer games.

J

jvgillow

Full Audioholic
Looks like a nice upgrade from the A2. I have the original A2s and the bass limiter on the A2+ would be handy for loud volume use. Right now mine are connected to a Meridian Explorer DAC.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Boom. Ordered them. Massdrop.com has them for $199 shipped. Review coming soon.

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Well I ordered them and gave them to my best friend for Christmas. He loves them. He said they need a sub. Anyone have any suggestions for a nice matching sub? He has an AV123 x-sub in his living room I told him would probably do well and then he could just buy a new one for his main system. Thoughts?

R

ReUpRo

Full Audioholic
What is the intended use of the 2.1 setup? PC/ Desktop, casual background music, TV speaker upgrade, etc. (For size considerations.) And, budget?

Crackerballer

Crackerballer

Senior Audioholic
Music from his laptop in his bedroom. Budget, let's say $300.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis