Audio Technica ATH-ADG1 High-Fidelity Gaming Headset Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I don't know about you, but I love video games. Normally I would play them using my audio system, but that's something I can't do at night since I live in an apartment. That's when I take out my headset and let my mind dive into the action without bothering the neighbors. And to think that I didn't always liked headsets until my brother suggested them and now, I love them. Maybe some.of you are familiar with Audio Technica and their products. But there is one headset that I've been keeping an eye on...... The ATH-ADG1 High-Fidelity Gaming Headset.
20acff8f_ATH-ADG1-large.jpeg

With its lightweight, honeycomb aluminum casing, these open-air headphones feature premium 53 mm drivers with Bobbin-wound CCAW voice coils. According to the company, this a first of its kind in a gaming headset. As most gaming headsets, the ATH-ADG1 allows for in-game voice communication through a state-of-the-art microphone, and comes equipped with a 1.0 m fixed cord and 2.0 m extension to fit most environments. A detachable USB DAC with built-in headphone amplifier and 3.5 mm connector is also included in the package.
audio_technica_ath_adg1_rms.jpg

For better flexibility and convenience, the ATH-ADG1 is compatible with PS4, iPad, iPhone, laptops & PC. It is also compatible with Xbox One by using the Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter (not included). So, if you are planning on getting a new headset, give the ATH-ADG1 some consideration. This product might be the one for you.

FEATURES:
  • Premium 53 mm drivers with Bobbin-wound CCAW voice coils, the first of its kind in a gaming headset
  • Audio-Technica’s core Open-Air design, engineered to provide unrivaled sound quality, clarity and comfort
  • State-of-the-art microphone, with 100° range of motion and muting capability, provides crystal clear in-game voice communication
  • Detachable USB DAC with built-in headphone amplifier and 3.5 mm connector
  • Self-adjusting 3D wing-support system offers improved comfort designed for extended wear
  • 1.0 m fixed cord with a 2.0 m extension to fit any environment
SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Type: Open-air dynamic
  • Driver Diameter: 53 mm
  • Frequency Response: 5Hz – 30,000Hz
  • Maximum Input Power: 700 mW
  • Sensitivity: 100 dB/mW
  • Impedance: 38 ohms
  • Weight: 280 g (without cord)
  • Cable: 1.0 m (3.3')
  • Connector: 3.5 mm (1/8”) mini stereo, gold-plated
  • Accessories Included: USB adapter/amplifier, 2.0 m (6.6') extension cable
  • Microphone Type: Condenser
  • Microphone Sensitivity: -46.5 dB (0dB=1V/Pa,1kHz)
  • Microphone Frequency Response: 100 Hz – 12,000 Hz
  • Microphone Polar Pattern: Unidirectional
PRICE: $299.00

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
If I was to buy a "gaming" headset, this would probably be the one. I used to play counterstrike all the time and used a set of Audio Technica ATH-AD700 for the last six or seven years.

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I have been keeping an eye on these since they got out. Maybe some day I'll get my hands on a pair of them.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis