W

whammyman79

Audiophyte
this is my dilemma, my hdtv speakers went out completely and i have a stereo receiver that is not a home theater receiver and the tv is connected to a directv hd receiver; i also have my xbox and ps2 hook up to the tv but i don't have sound to hear the game. my question is how can i get this problem fixed using the stereo receiver and connecting all the above components and having sound? thanks for ya'll time

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Welcome to the forum!

What receiver do you have? It would help to know what inputs it has. Also, what TV do you have? Does it have a set of audio outputs that you can connect to your receiver?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Well, most sources have analog stereo outputs on them. These are a pair of red/white RCA jacks.

If you connect these to an "aux" or "high level" inputs on the back of your stereo you should be able to get stereo sound through the receiver.

You may have more sources than inputs and for I'd suggest you go to Wal-mart or Ratshack and look for a switch box. These cost around $20 or so.

You'll also probably need another stereo interconnect if you don't have spare lying around.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis