Audio problem after switching cases

Serj22

Serj22

Full Audioholic
so, I just swapped my custom HP into a HTPC sideways case, and everything went in the new case just as it was, with all the proper hookups, and it has an integrated MOBO sound card, so there's no way that's not hooked up, but now, If I go to play any music or any kind of audio on the PC, it will not go out through any of the headphone jacks, front or back, and will not go out through the digital out either. Doesn't matter if it's hooked to my receiver or headphones, or anything, nothing comes out. The PC says that all the outputs in each part are not muted and that it knows something is plugged in and it "thinks" it's outputting audio, though it is not.... I'm running windows 7, if that is the issue, don't know. is there some setting that is muted that I can't find? any ideas what's going on? I don't really want to get another sound card, because i have no idea if that's the issue even, plus I'm using the only slot for my spiffy graphics card, otherwise I can get a cheap sound card for about $15.00 or something.

Help please.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis