Audio Power Cables / Cords - Do they really make a difference?

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
Meanwhile....

I want to check out the AC12.

Draw.
The PS Audio AC5 is an excellent power cable.
Same for Nordost Red Dawn.

Last edited:
lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Meanwhile....

I want to check out the AC12.

Draw.
The PS Audio AC5 is an excellent power cable.
Same for Nordost Red Dawn.
LOL at least you're persistent. Not helpful, informed or useful in any way, but.....

MR.MAGOO

MR.MAGOO

Audioholic Field Marshall
I suppose the fancy cables do keep people employed; the designer here in USA and the factory worker in China! :p

William Lemmerhirt

William Lemmerhirt

Audioholic Overlord
Yep. Opinion is............. cables don't matter. Unless of course you don't use any at all.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
My opinion is, I believe reality. The fact that power cords do NOTHING can be proven. The "opinion" that cords do something they physically cannot, cannot be supported in any way, shape or form.

bigus

bigus

Audioholic
My opinion is, I believe reality. The fact that power cords do NOTHING can be proven. The "opinion" that cords do something they physically cannot, cannot be supported in any way, shape or form.
They provide power to your components.......

Seriously though,
I thought the same.
until I tried swapping different cables.

In my opinion,
I can tell you that for me a PS Audio AC5 is better than a Nordost Blue Heaven.
A Nordost Red Dawn is better than a PS Audio AC5.
"in my opinion" ........

rojo

rojo

Audioholic Samurai
They provide power to your components.......

Seriously though,
I thought the same.
until I tried swapping different cables.

In my opinion,
I can tell you that for me a PS Audio AC5 is better than a Nordost Blue Heaven.
A Nordost Red Dawn is better than a PS Audio AC5.
"in my opinion" ........
Do you have any opinions about homeopathic remedies? Those opinions would be just as useful I'm sure.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Do you have any opinions about homeopathic remedies? Those opinions would be just as useful I'm sure.
The difference between those BS cables and homeopathic medicine, is that homeopathic therapy works for some people and is nothing new. Its principle was discovered a long time ago and amazingly at the same time by two European scientists who had been living in different countries.

The advantage over traditional medicine is that it has no bad side effects. It may not work on some people, so is the case with our traditional medicine. We have to acknowledge the fact that all the traditional medicine drugs sold in pharmacies are more or less poisons.

How many people receiving traditional medicine develop other diseases caused by the originally prescribed drug and how many people are prescribed additional medicine to counteract the side effects of another medication which they are taking? As an example, we now know that statin drugs to reduce cholesterol cause Alzheimer's disease.
In the 1980's, the normal blood cholesterol level charts were lowered. Do you know why? It's not because higher cholesterol level limits were more dangerous, it's because the pharma drug companies could make more money by selling more cholesterol lowering drugs, namely statins! A product which generates revenues of several billions of dollars annually! Also, many physicians have shares in those pharmaceutical companies with the resulting conflict of interest. Dishonesty exists everywhere. As you know, Money and sex rule the world.
Several books have been written on the cholesterol hoax and on several other medical topics as well. Our bodies need cholesterol and our brains contain a lot of it. All of our body organs need cholesterol. Without it, we wouldn't have much sex drive. And we now know that cholesterol is not the cause of heart disease!
Do you know what causes heart disease? It's refined sugar and trans fats. Polyunsaturated oils such as safflower, sunflower, corn oil are unstable and have to be avoided.
Good fats are butter, extra virgin olive oil, avocado fat, essential omega 3 oil, saturated coconut and palm oils and we should regularly consume them. This good fat does not make us fat. Actually, consuming those good fats will keep us slim by converting into energy, while carbohydrates, mainly refined sugar, white flour and white rice will make us gain weight by converting into fat and increasing bad cholesterol. But we had been told for years that fat was the culprit. FORTUNATELY, THE TRUTH IS STARTING TO COME OUT!.....but it's too late for a lot of people.

HOWEVER, CARDIOLOGISTS AND CLINICS, MAYO CLINIC IS ONE, ARE STILL RECOMMENDING CONSUMPTION OF THE BAD POLYUNSATURATED OILS. Google on the Web and find out for yourself.
Should we trust doctors? I personally have reason to doubt their speech. It seems that they prefer to make people sick to be able to sell more drugs, perform more surgeries and so on!

There was recently a good program on PBS on the topic "Eat FAT Get Thin" by Mark Hyman. Really interesting. You may have a chance to watch it if they show it again.

Finally, there is an excellent book covering the controversial science of diet and health entitled: GOOD CALORIES, BAD CALORIES. It was written by Gary Taubes, a brave and bold scientific journalist who does not accept conventional wisdom. I highly recommend it.

Last edited:
mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Seriously, I have no life.
... homeopathic medicine, is that homeopathic therapy works for some people and is nothing new. Its principle was discovered a long time ago and amazingly at the same time by two European scientists who had been living in different countries.

Do you have any credible evidence for this opinion? Anecdotes will not work.

The principle is not based in any science.
And, in reality the FTC will start regulating its claims and must be evidence based and a warning label placed on them.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Do you have any credible evidence for this opinion? Anecdotes will not work.

The principle is not based in any science.
And, in reality the FTC will start regulating its claims and must be evidence based and a warning label placed on them.
If it had not worked, I don't think that it would have lasted over 300 years. It's very popular in some European countries. I don't think that pharmacies in Canada would have had the right to sell homeopathic medicine without some serious investigation. Moreover, some Canadian physicians practice it.

There may be some placebo effect in some instances, but this also happens with traditional medicine.

It's not because science has not been able to prove something that it does not exist or it does not work. Scientists have not been able to prove the existence of God and that is why they don't believe in his existence. Living beings from other planets exist but many scientists still don't believe in them. It's definitely obvious that scientists, no matter their IQs, and science have their limits.

Last edited:
S

shadyJ

Speaker of the House
Staff member
If it had not worked, I don't think that it would have lasted over 300 years. It's very popular in some European countries. I don't think that pharmacies in Canada would have had the right to sell homeopathic medicine without some serious investigation. Moreover, some Canadian physicians practice it.

There may be some placebo effect in some instances, but this also happens with traditional medicine.

It's not because science has not been able to prove something that it does not exist or it does not work. Scientists have not been able to prove the existence of God and that is why they don't believe in his existence. Living beings from other planets exist but many scientists still don't believe in them. It's definitely obvious that scientists, no matter their IQs, and science have their limits.
There is no clinical evidence of the effectiveness of homeopathy, despite all of the research. There is no good reason to believe it would be effective, based on the evidence and based on any principles of chemistry or biology. It is rubbish, period. Just because it has been around for awhile does not make it valid. There are a lot of insane ideas that people still adhere too that have been around for ages.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Firstly it is over the counter, no prescription required. Gullible people buy lots of ineffective stuff.
Google Linus Pauling, twice winner of a Nobel, yet fell for Vitamin C curing or negating the common cold.
Airborne made a schoolteacher very rich on a useless pill. People buy into lots of nonsense, audio has no monopoly on it.
Hence just because it has been used from the dawn of time doesn't mean it works.
And, just because some doctors recommend it is not evidence that it has a useful place in medicine.
Lots of doctors fall to the dark side. And popularity also doesn't mean it works.
And, in fact it can have a deleterious effect when people forego medicines that does work and cure.

The Australian National Health and Medical Research Council release a report on their very large research, 1800 studies, concluded that no evidence that it does anything.

After a drop is diluted over and over a 100 times, there is nothing left in the solution.

But you certainly may buy into it and supernatural beings as well. As to life forms on other planets and even intelligent life, belief is not part of a scientist's tool bag.

Verdinut

Verdinut

Audioholic Spartan
Firstly it is over the counter, no prescription required. Gullible people buy lots of ineffective stuff.
Google Linus Pauling, twice winner of a Nobel, yet fell for Vitamin C curing or negating the common cold.
Airborne made a schoolteacher very rich on a useless pill. People buy into lots of nonsense, audio has no monopoly on it.
Hence just because it has been used from the dawn of time doesn't mean it works.
And, just because some doctors recommend it is not evidence that it has a useful place in medicine.
Lots of doctors fall to the dark side. And popularity also doesn't mean it works.
And, in fact it can have a deleterious effect when people forego medicines that does work and cure.

The Australian National Health and Medical Research Council release a report on their very large research, 1800 studies, concluded that no evidence that it does anything.

After a drop is diluted over and over a 100 times, there is nothing left in the solution.

But you certainly may buy into it and supernatural beings as well. As to life forms on other planets and even intelligent life, belief is not part of a scientist's tool bag.
Believe what you want.
You say that it's available over the counter so are many medications, aspirin, cough syrup and so on.
Water has memory and I believe in that medicine. It works for me and I avoid poisons with side effects which the traditional medicine offers.

mtrycrafts

mtrycrafts

Believe what you want.
Water has memory and I believe in that medicine. It works for me and I avoid poisons which the traditional medicine offers.
Water has memory? Which textbook does that come from?

Oh, it is not medicine but a magic potion, cures by belief only.

Traditional medicine is poison? Wow. 21st century and we still have such beliefs. Sad.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis