audio output possible?

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I have dish network. In the great room i have a vip 722 receiver which is a two zone receiver. In the bedroom We have a vip 622 which is also a 2 tuner receiver. I connected the bedroom Coax with a splitter in the basement to the 722 wire thats in the basement that way my wife can watch the 622 and the 722 dvrs from the bedroom just by switching from the hdmi 1 to av1. In order for this to work I had to take the coax in the bedroom and run a spitter there , 1. going into the 622 and 2. going right into the TV with a coax which controls the 722 (non hdmi).
I recently mounted the tv on the wall in the bedroom, intalled ceiling speakers and moved the components into the closet.
When we watch TV off the VIP 622 in the bedroom it is running off hdmi to the TV and optical to the reciever (since the receiver is a non hdmi). So we are able to listen to the tv through the ceiling speakers.
My question is, is it possible to get audio from the ceiling speakers in the bedroom when we want to watch the 722 dvr from our bedroom?

adwilk

adwilk

Audioholic Ninja
Does your TV have a headphone out? Or any other audio out? That seems like it could be the simplest. Other options might include a VCR or other device with RF mod.

EDIT: Like an RF Modulator. I always forget about these... You plug COAX in and get RCA out. Lots on Amazon, or can be found at Radioshack and maybe walmart.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You should be able to listen to audio from the TV when watching the coax input exactly like you do when using the HDMI input.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
You should be able to listen to audio from the TV when watching the coax input exactly like you do when using the HDMI input.
Right, but I want audio through the ceiling speakers from receiver.I already have audio at the tv w the coax.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Right, but I want audio through the ceiling speakers from receiver.I already have audio at the tv w the coax.
I understand. I meant that if you can listen to your HDMI input through your receiver (which you can), you should be able to listen to the coax input through your receiver. The TV should send audio from both input sources through the optical audio output to the receiver.

EDIT: Oops, I think that I see my confusion. I thought that you meant that you have an optical audio output from your TV to the receiver. But, do you mean that you have an optical audio output from the VIP receiver to the receiver?

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
I understand. I meant that if you can listen to your HDMI input through your receiver (which you can), you should be able to listen to the coax input through your receiver. The TV should send audio from both input sources through the optical audio output to the receiver.

EDIT: Oops, I think that I see my confusion. I thought that you meant that you have an optical audio output from your TV to the receiver. But, do you mean that you have an optical audio output from the VIP receiver to the receiver?
Yes I have an optical from VIP 622 to receiver because yamaha is a non hdmi. The 622 has 2 coaxials going into it. 1 for satellite 1 and the other for satellite 2 since its a 2 tuner receiver. The 622 also has 2 other coax inputs 1 labeled ota antenna and a remote antenna with a coax out not being used.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
What are your audio output options for the TV, like Adam asked above? If you are unsure, just let us know which TV you have.

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
oops... right reply, wrong thread ... moved.

Last edited:
M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Oops... wrong thread.

Reply meant for the Samsung thread below. Moved the text to appropiate thread.

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
Tv has optical out n rca out.
Then you've answered your question - yes, audio output is possible. Just connect one of those to the receiver, the optical output being the higher quality option.

M

moreira85

Audioholic Chief
Thanks. I knew I could run an optical from the tv but I was wondering if I could get that 3rd coax to somehow get into the 622 to get audio from there. I'm probably just gonna keep it as it is because really don't want to run another 40 ft cable from tv to the closet. Id rather have fewer cables for a better look. Besides I watch tv in the room on the 622 which is HD and uses the ceiling speakers. My wife is the one who uses the 722 input which is a non hdmi signal and she's fine w the tv speakers.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis