Audio Interconnect and Speaker Cable Myths and Truths Revealed

Rickster71

Rickster71

Audioholic Spartan
How about it? Man Made Climate Change is real as is the science behind. The only deniers are typically big Oil and Fox News.
Science?
When it comes to science you get what you pay for.

Are you referring to the science that said cigarettes caused cancer, or the science and doctors that said it didn't?
Or the government that simultaneously subsidized tobacco farmers and anti smoking campaigns?

Maybe you're speaking of the scientists that mocked the purchase of Alaska? Despite the bargain price of roughly two cents an acre, the Alaskan purchase was ridiculed in Congress and in the press as "Seward's folly," "Seward's icebox."

MykhailoM

MykhailoM

Audiophyte
There should be no compromise on a good pare of interconnect cables. In my experience you should surely have the type of cables that can open your audio system sound as best as possible. Usually cables from £600 mark + should do it very noticeably. For myself, I use Malbru SILVER interconnects and Malbru CX coaxial for my tube DAC and I`m absolutely happy with the sound they allow from my audio components, these cables surely here to stay. As interconnect cables delivering a very sensitive audio stream, I would advise to audition a high quality audio interconnects and spend money on good ones as most likely you will be surprised how your music can sound so different due to audiophile grade cables and the better components you have the more musical inside will be revealed.

TheWarrior

TheWarrior

Audioholic Ninja
But he did use the tell-tale, "It'll open your speakers up!" line...

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
Opening up speakers is fine but the best ones lift veils. ;)

jinjuku

jinjuku

There should be no compromise on a good pare of interconnect cables. In my experience you should surely have the type of cables that can open your audio system sound as best as possible. Usually cables from £600 mark +
I've found that ~£600 mark cables generally shrink the sound stage and collapse the instruments together.

You really need to be at the £3000 point in my experience. I've heard a handful of £600 cables so I know. If you can't hear the difference then count yourself lucky.

C

CNguyen777

Audiophyte
Very nice article to read. Having tried different brands of interconnects Kimber, Audioquest, MIT, Apature, Monster etc. I'm back to using an old pair of Monster interlink 400 and I'm very satisfied with it. The key is using the original power cord that came with your power amp and dont spend your money on those $100+ power cords.stereo manufacturers calibrate their power/preamp using generic power cords and not the after market ones.

KJay

KJay

Audiophyte
hey Gene and/or Hugo, what's your opinion of the CT-1 magnetic speaker cables?, more snake oil?

Speedskater

Speedskater

Audioholic General
hey Gene and/or Hugo, what's your opinion of the CT-1 magnetic speaker cables?, more snake oil?
If the cables really did anything good, they should patent them and sell the cables to the scientific, medical and industrial fields. There is thousands time more money there.

D

Don Grabski

Enthusiast
Folks are all over Audio Quest, but what about Monster, Morrow, and a host of other companies selling snake oil.
Is 50 cents a foot 16 gauge speaker wire at Home Depot just as good or should I spend the big $ for the exotic stuff?

$19.95 for HDMI or $295.99 for a high end HDMI???

The $600.00 power cords really are it, considering the many feet of cheap Romex or BX cable or the thousands of feet of aluminum wire bringing the power to the house!!!

I'm 74 years old with hearing aids in both ears.....can I really tell the difference?

M

markw

Audioholic Overlord
Folks are all over Audio Quest, but what about Monster, Morrow, and a host of other companies selling snake oil.
Is 50 cents a foot 16 gauge speaker wire at Home Depot just as good or should I spend the big $ for the exotic stuff?

$19.95 for HDMI or $295.99 for a high end HDMI???

The $600.00 power cords really are it, considering the many feet of cheap Romex or BX cable or the thousands of feet of aluminum wire bringing the power to the house!!!

I'm 74 years old with hearing aids in both ears.....can I really tell the difference?
There's a lot of snake oil in this business that relies on people hearing what they want to hear in spite of reality. Generally, the more one spends, and the prettier the product, the more they believe they can hear changes.

I've never had a problem with Home Depot speaker cable and I buy my 6' HDMI cables at Five Below and my picture is stunning. Now, for much longer lengths, YMMV.

As for power cables, well, think about it this way: What possible good could the last 6' of cable make when you've got several miles of regular power cables feeding it?

R

RBGOBLUE

Audioholic Intern
Love watching these guys, I really like their insights they tell it like it is. And they are funny just got some Beale ceiling speaker for my system would of never heard of them without their shows on YouTube

Sent from my VS990 using Tapatalk

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis