Audio Dynamics Corp.

Discussion in 'Loudspeakers' started by res6jya6, May 3, 2009.

1. res6jya6 Senior Audioholic

res6jya6
    I acquired a pair of ADC XT-10- Loudspeakers from a friend of mine.

I couldn't find too much information on them online, and while they don't sound too bad, I was hoping maybe someone on here knew a little more about these things? :)
  2. markw Audioholic Overlord

markw
    Aren't they a 2 way system with a 10" woofer and black grilles? If so, they are from the mid seventies. They replaced their ADC's 303 speakers, which were essentially the same thing. both were pretty decent with a fair amount of bass and a nice crisp (but not overbearing) mid/high end.

ADC was a well known brand then and specialized in phono cartridges and a few speakers. Theit 404 was probably the first mini-speaker on the market and their XLM/VLM pono cartridges were considered among the best available, even if a bit delicate.

Later in their lifetime they became more known for consumer level graphic equalizers and by the end of the seventies they sorta began their fade into oblivion.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. res6jya6 Senior Audioholic

res6jya6
    Sounds about right. Thanks! I was reading about their phono cartridges, but there wasn't a lot out there on the speakers...