Audeze LCD-2 Headphones Overview

H

HTKamikazee

Audioholics Sheriff
I love headphones! That's no secret. A good friend of mine owns a recording studio and that's where I got this "headphone fever". A while ago, he had bought a new pair of Audeze LCD-2 Headphones. He asked me to come over and when I got there he was listening to several songs and albums to see what they were capable of. I remember he was listening to " Carlos Santana's Supernatural album and Grover Washington Jr.'s Prime Cuts album. Those albums have always been at the top of our favorite albums list. Those albums are so well recorded that are almost perfect in every way and that's why we use them to test every product we get our hands on. So, if you haven't heard them, do yourself a favor and give them a spin - trust me, you'll be glad you did.

Being the owner of a recording studio gives him the opportunity to try and own many brands and models. But sometimes it takes a while to get used to a certain pair of headphones, but this time we instantly fell in love the LCD-2 - literally in love.
maxresdefault.jpg

I still remember when I put the LCD-2 headphones on for the first time. My friend hit the play button and stood there looking at me, waiting to see my reaction. I tried not to make any facial expressions, but I couldn't. They were simply spectacular. A couple of months after that I had to move out of town, but the headphones fever is still with me.

Another thing that amazed me about these headphones was their comfort and weight. The LCD-2 are not what you would call small, but they still felt comfortable for long listening sessions. The Audeze LCD-2 are not cheap, but hey, excellent products almost never are and they come at a price. Also it is important to note that the LCD-2 requires an external headphone amplifier.

If you are a headphone freak like me, or if you are looking for some of the best headphones available, take a look at these gems. You won't regret it!

PACKAGE INCLUDES:
  • 2.5m 1/4in to dual 4-pin mini-XLR cable.
  • 3.5mm to 1/4in stereo adapter.
  • Professional travel case.
PATENT PENDING:
  • Fazor elements.
  • Large ultra thin-film diaphragms.
  • Unique magnetic structure.
SPECIFICATIONS:
  • Style: Open circumaural.
  • Transducer type: Planar magnetic.
  • Magnetic structure: Proprietary push-pull design.
  • Magnet type: Neodymium
  • Transducer active diaphragm area: 39.8 cm2 (6.17 in2).
  • Maximum power handling: 15W (for 200ms).
  • Sound pressure level: >130dB with 15W.
  • Frequency response: 5Hz – 20kHz extended out to 50kHz.
  • Total harmonic distortion: <1% through entire frequency range.
  • Impedance: 70 ohms
  • Efficiency: 101dB / 1mW
  • Optimal power requirement: 1 – 4W
Price: $995.00

Click on the attached pictures to zoom in.
LCD2_Pr3.jpg
lcd2-1.jpg 500x1000px-LL-38dd2267_IMG_8494.jpeg Audeze-LCD-2-Headphones-Gear-Patrol.jpg

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis