Atmos Coming to Xbox One

KenM10759

KenM10759

Audioholic Samurai
My son's fiancé is big on gaming but has been resisting him adding the Atmos speakers (4 KEF Ci200QR) that I put in his hands. This is just what he needs to seal the deal!

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Good news, with the One S 4k Blue Ray Player, I can hold off buying the Oppo now

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Good news, with the One S 4k Blue Ray Player, I can hold off buying the Oppo now
Yup, right now, it's looking like XBOX One is really the better option (over PS4).

Cos

Cos

Audioholic Samurai
Nice, I have a PS4 Pro, there are some exclusives I want to play, but my One S usually gets more of the workload, even with a slight decrease in resolution.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
Nice, I have a PS4 Pro, there are some exclusives I want to play, but my One S usually gets more of the workload, even with a slight decrease in resolution.
Yeah, with holiday pricing on the PS4 @ $250 (non-pro model), it's appealing to pick one up myself! Mostly for The Last Guardian, maybe SS5 (but that is also available on PC).

Alas, other hobbies may take my mad $ in the near future.

mpitogo2000

mpitogo2000

Audioholic Intern
Latest official update had audio pass-through. Tested with DTS-HD and DD Atmos. Finally! What sucks is that I just purchased the Sony X800.

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Yeah, I finally just went and bought the Samsung UBD-K8500 and haven't had an issue with surround formats since. Microsoft was late to the party on this one, but good to hear the Xbox is finally getting what it needed in the first place. So guess I now have two capable 4k players that can pass through all the higher surround formats. :)

Halon451

Halon451

Audioholic Samurai
Oh but I have rediscovered a love for video games so the Xbox has still been getting a workout too! Just in the past few weeks I have played and beat all 5 main Halo games, COD Black Ops I through III, COD Advanced Warfare and Infinite Warfare, and am currently playing GTA V. Yeah I like the games with lots of guns and mayhem. hehe..

AUDIOCRAZE

AUDIOCRAZE

Junior Audioholic
So I've sold my Xbox One S in anticipation for Scorpio but my question is if battlefront plays in Atmos?? Im installing my 7.0.4 tomorrow and I get to use my buddies Xbox for a month. I've read it supports Atmos for movies but what about actually gameplay??

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
So I've sold my Xbox One S in anticipation for Scorpio but my question is if battlefront plays in Atmos?? Im installing my 7.0.4 tomorrow and I get to use my buddies Xbox for a month. I've read it supports Atmos for movies but what about actually gameplay??
I would guess that the games have to be encoded for Atmos too. Have any games been advertising that feature?

Just a quick online search, looks like Overwatch can support Atmos, not sure about any others:
http://news.xbox.com/2016/12/14/dolby-atmos-xbox-one-windows-10/

AUDIOCRAZE

AUDIOCRAZE

Junior Audioholic
I would guess that the games have to be encoded for Atmos too. Have any games been advertising that feature?

Just a quick online search, looks like Overwatch can support Atmos, not sure about any others:
http://news.xbox.com/2016/12/14/dolby-atmos-xbox-one-windows-10/
Yea I know overwatch and battlefront are the only 2 as of now. I just know that it works on PC with a Atmos enabled AVR but I can't find any word if the console will actually do it. I ran into a few threads on different forums that we're raving about the awesomeness of Atmos on Battelfront using a Pc and I'd really like to know if I'm about to have my hands on this. It's like real time Atmos processing experience not a prewritten track like a movie. I honestly think this is going to be game changing and I'm surprised that not more people aren't talking about this.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis