Atlantic Technology WA-5030 Wireles Transmitter/Amp System Preview

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Is the WA-5030 worth $400? With a complete wireless solution including stereo 30 watt amps, we're guessing that a lot of people will say yes. But if you think you might need an additional WA-50 receiver (without the amps) sometime down the line, you are better off buying the WA-50 set with an additional WA-5030 receiver (with amps) for the same price. Either way, you are getting uncompressed, CD-quality audio streamed digitally up to 300 feet. That's pretty impressive.

Discuss "Atlantic Technology WA-5030 Wireles Transmitter/Amp System Preview" here. Read the article.

J

jcl

Senior Audioholic
The wireless solutions coming out now are pretty cool. I am using a different brand's unamplified rec hooked up to an old NAD to power my surrounds. Had a bad ground loop, but once I took care of that the sound is pretty good. Definitely adequate for the surround duties where I'm using it. Much, much better than the amplified rocketfish solution I tried a few years ago.

I like these new amplified solutions, however I think they may be slightly off the mark for my usage. If it's a stereo amp/rec then you still have wires running a distance to at least one of your speakers. I think single channel rec/amps would allow for more flexible and unobtrusive placement. Maybe one that could act as a base to place the speaker on, or if small/light enough to attach to the keyhole mount on the back of a speaker.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis