Warpdrv

Warpdrv

Audioholic Ninja
ACDT, may I ask why you 2 of those HTPC's.... Most impressive looking equipment rack there buddy....

I suppose I should post some pics of my rack that I have finished putting it all together sans the blanks to cover up the empty spaces...

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
ACDT, may I ask why you 2 of those HTPC's.... Most impressive looking equipment rack there buddy....

I suppose I should post some pics of my rack that I have finished putting it all together sans the blanks to cover up the empty spaces...
The 2 HTPCs serve 2 purposes:

1) Look cool.:cool:
2) Back up just in case something should happen to the first PC.:eek:

U

ufokillerz

Audioholic Intern
question for those with the ati3000 series

when powering down or off, do you wear a low volume whine from the speakers, sounds like the caps discharging themselves?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
question for those with the ati3000 series

when powering down or off, do you wear a low volume whine from the speakers, sounds like the caps discharging themselves?
I don't hear any speaker sound at all when powering down the AT3000 amps.

U

ufokillerz

Audioholic Intern
I don't hear any speaker sound at all when powering down the AT3000 amps.
thanks, i'm just wondering though, by powering down, i probably should have clarified and meant disconnecting it from the wall, i think that might be the only time the caps discharge. i am unsure how much these bad boys suck at idle, so i disconnect them.

paid $1400 shipped for a out of warranty at3006. bad shipping cased damage to the rack mount faceplate and handles, and a busted power cord.
seller will be getting me a new faceplate and handle and power cord. still seems like a decent deal to me.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
thanks, i'm just wondering though, by powering down, i probably should have clarified and meant disconnecting it from the wall, i think that might be the only time the caps discharge. i am unsure how much these bad boys suck at idle, so i disconnect them.

paid $1400 shipped for a out of warranty at3006. bad shipping cased damage to the rack mount faceplate and handles, and a busted power cord.
seller will be getting me a new faceplate and handle and power cord. still seems like a decent deal to me.
I paid $2K + shipping on my AT3500, so $1,400 for a AT3600 is pretty good.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
The caps discharge on mine whenever I power down. About 3 seconds after the trigger turns them off I get a faint "whine". Both of my AT2000 series amps do this so I thought it was normal.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
The caps discharge on mine whenever I power down. About 3 seconds after the trigger turns them off I get a faint "whine". Both of my AT2000 series amps do this so I thought it was normal.
Maybe my ears are just messed up or I'm just not very observant.:D

I'll have to listen a little better the next time I turn off my amps.:D

S

Solid-State

Banned
I just accepted an offer to Buy a 10/10 rating AT3002 amp from Classic Audio Parts on Audiogon for $1149 + Shipping!:eek::D
boy owhh boy...

I WANT THOSE!!!

Right now I have a stack of 7 UPA-1s from Emotiva. I'd sure love to swap them out for AT3005 and AT3002. Do they use the same amp monoblock modules?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
boy owhh boy...

I WANT THOSE!!!

Right now I have a stack of 7 UPA-1s from Emotiva. I'd sure love to swap them out for AT3005 and AT3002. Do they use the same amp monoblock modules?
They do use the monoblock amp modules, but they don't "allow" consumers to change them out like those Emotiva MPS amps. If you want to add more amp modules, they can do it at the factory.

S

Solid-State

Banned
WOW you sure have a nice rigs AcuDefTechGuy! I don't see a DAC though... Do you use PC video HDMI for transport?

Do you know what brands/stencils ATI ODMs for?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
WOW you sure have a nice rigs AcuDefTechGuy! I don't see a DAC though... Do you use PC video HDMI for transport?

Do you know what brands/stencils ATI ODMs for?
The Burr-Brown DACs are inside the Denon AVP-A1HDCI.

I believe any outboard DAC is a total waste of money.

I use HDMI for all the connections, if that's what you mean.

S

Solid-State

Banned
The Burr-Brown DACs are inside the Denon AVP-A1HDCI.

I believe any outboard DAC is a total waste of money.

I use HDMI for all the connections, if that's what you mean.
yeah with that AVP-A1HDC1 I agree! Does it pass RGB 4:4:4 from the PC to your TV?

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan
They do use the monoblock amp modules, but they don't "allow" consumers to change them out like those Emotiva MPS amps. If you want to add more amp modules, they can do it at the factory.
I see crazy minds think alike. I just ordered an AT3004 for bi-amping the Salon 2s. (For those about to chide me, no, not passive bi-amping. I use a high-pass filter on the woofers to blend with the sub.) I probably need 300W/ch like Warren Buffett needs more money, but my motto is go big or stay home. The selling point was a demo of an AT2005 with Klipsch RF83s - no hiss from the tweeters with the ATI at idle (ATI processor too). Sounded dead quiet. Amazing, considering the sensitivity of those speakers. That trumps my current amps soundly, so they're being relieved of duty.

Do you power the Salon 2s with one of the ATI amps? Are they also dead quiet? (Of course, the receiver or pre-amp can be a factor too.)

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis