adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
What was your old Amplification and how do these compare. Are you in the camp that all amps sound same/similar when level matched?
My old amp is/was an Emotiva MPS-1. I had a problem that one channel did not turn off with the 12v trigger. I sent it back and it came back with the same issue. I've sent it back again and they are taking care of shipping both ways. I have a prepro so with no amp I have no sound. When Acudef started this thread I started looking closer at these amps and found great deals on Audiogon and decided I would upgrade and sell the MPS.

I went into this not expecting any difference in sound and as far as I can tell that is what I've got. The only real difference that I can find is the the noise floor in non existant with the ATI's. The MPS has a very faint hiss when you stand right next to the speaker while these are dead quiet. I have to say it is the amp because everything else is identical.

I have not rerun Audyssey with the new amp and really don't see a reason I should need to. All levels seem about the same.

I should have the MPS back by the end of this week so if anyone is interested I'm ready to make a deal.:)

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
A little tip for you guys.

On delivery days, just play like you are going to work. get up, shower and dress, get in the car (or MoPed for DT) and drive to IHOP, eat a big fatty breakfast and then go back home. The wife should be at work by that point (or at the strip club for DT) and then you are home free...
Or better. Did you call FedEx so they don't go to an empty house again?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I will call your wife....
I changed all the phone numbers and moved the entire family to Krypton.:eek:

Amps are free here you know.:D

The only think I had to pay for was the $7 20-amp receptacle from Home Depot since my both my amps require the 20-amp outlets.:eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Or better. Did you call FedEx so they don't go to an empty house again?
Oh, yeah, I immediately called FedEx and told them to hold the 96 lbs package for me.

And then the FedEx lady said, "However, I can't guarantee anything!":eek:

So I will see.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
My old amp is/was an Emotiva MPS-1. I had a problem that one channel did not turn off with the 12v trigger. I sent it back and it came back with the same issue. I've sent it back again and they are taking care of shipping both ways. I have a prepro so with no amp I have no sound. When Acudef started this thread I started looking closer at these amps and found great deals on Audiogon and decided I would upgrade and sell the MPS.

I went into this not expecting any difference in sound and as far as I can tell that is what I've got. The only real difference that I can find is the the noise floor in non existant with the ATI's. The MPS has a very faint hiss when you stand right next to the speaker while these are dead quiet. I have to say it is the amp because everything else is identical.

I have not rerun Audyssey with the new amp and really don't see a reason I should need to. All levels seem about the same.

I should have the MPS back by the end of this week so if anyone is interested I'm ready to make a deal.:)
Funny how great minds think alike.:D

I once had a MPS-2 and sold it.

I can also confirm that the MPS-2 was making a slight hissing sound on my speakers, but the ATI 3005 is pure silent.

And I was convinced on these ATI amps, but didn't journey to the darkside until Craig bought the AT2005.:D

Now I am pure evil.:D:eek:

P.S. These ATI amps are quite possibly the most chocolaty amps I've ever had and they will be the last amps I will ever own.:eek:

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
A little tip for you guys.

On delivery days, just play like you are going to work. get up, shower and dress, get in the car (or MoPed for DT) and drive to IHOP, eat a big fatty breakfast and then go back home. The wife should be at work by that point (or at the strip club for DT) and then you are home free...
Are you kidding me?

My wife calls me on my office phone number TIDAC!:eek:

She probably has a bug in my office that antimicrobials won't kill!:eek:

**Footnote: TIDAC = 3 times daily before meals**:D

ParadigmDawg

ParadigmDawg

Audioholic Overlord
Just for the record, my MPS hissed too. Rotel is quite as it can be.
Funny how great minds think alike.:D

I once had a MPS-2 and sold it.

I can also confirm that the MPS-2 was making a slight hissing sound on my speakers, but the ATI 3005 is pure silent.

And I was convinced on these ATI amps, but didn't journey to the darkside until Craig bought the AT2005.:D

Now I am pure evil.:D:eek:

P.S. These ATI amps are quite possibly the most chocolaty amps I've ever had and they will be the last amps I will ever own.:eek:

GlocksRock

GlocksRock

Audioholic Spartan
So you can hear a difference between the ATI amps and the Emotiva, or any other amp, hiss aside.

adk highlander

adk highlander

Sith Lord
Crazy man, just crazy.:D:D I'm sure that is the 2 channel at the top.:eek:

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis