ATI AT1800 Series Multi Channel Amplifier

• Thread starter Steve Pitbull Potenziano
  • Start date
Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Steve Pitbull Potenziano

Audioholics Bouncer
AT1800_lg.jpg
AT1807_lg.jpg

The AT1800 shares key hallmarks with its larger siblings, the AT2000 and AT3000’s. The AT1800 is available in 6 configurations from the AT1802 2-channel model to the AT1807 7-channel version. Power is conservatively rated at 180 Watts RMS/channel into 8 Ohms from 20Hz to 20kHz with no more than 0.03% THD and I.M. distortion. Each model comes equipped with two toroidal transformers, a detachable IEC power cord, optically coupled protection circuits, soft-start circuit and convection cooling eliminating the need for fans. Units can even be upgraded at the factory to add additional channels (up to 7).

Interested? take a look.

http://www.ati-amp.com/AT1800.php

FEATURES

• Remote Trigger
  • Protection Circuits
  • Toroid Transformers
  • Circuit Boards
  • Soft Start Circuitry
  • Power Transistors:
  • Power Cord
  • 7-Year Warranty
  • Dimensions:
  • Weight:
  • Activated from 3.3VDC to 24 VDC via a heavy-duty relay
  • Optically –coupled with full automatic reset.
  • 40% more efficient than EI type. Separate bi-filar windings for each channel guaranty lower noise and crosstalk.
  • Double-sided, FR-4 glass-epoxy, computer-grade boards are assembled in-house.
  • Ultra soft turn on reduces in-rush current to a minimum. Multiple units can be turned on without tripping circuit breakers eliminating the need for sequencing.
  • High-current, bi-polar output transistors with active bias circuits result in effortless operation.
  • Detachable, 3-wire cord.
  • Parts and labor against defects in parts or workmanship.
  • 17"W X 7"H X 16"D (chassis)
  • 57 to 95 lbs (model dependent)

Last edited by a moderator:
AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I really like their fuse-less protection circuit.

But even the AT1805 (NOT Fully balanced) from Classic Audio Parts is $1800.

Meanwhile, a brand new Outlaw 7500 200WPC x 5ch FULLY BALANCED ATI-clone amp is $1600.

I'm a sucker for big heavy metal front handles, so I would still probably get the ATI. But it might be a tougher decision for some people. :D

Irvrobinson

Irvrobinson

Audioholic Spartan

Meanwhile, a brand new Outlaw 7500 200WPC x 5ch FULLY BALANCED ATI-clone amp is $1600.

I'm a sucker for big heavy metal front handles, so I would still probably get the ATI. But it might be a tougher decision for some people. :D
The Outlaw is a bargain. I'd probably go with that, even though I can't hear any difference between my fully balanced ATI AT3000 and the bottom-of-the-line single-ended ATI AT602 I use for my video system, within the 602's power limits. In audio products, fully balanced designs may not be audibly superior to well-designed single-ended ones.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
ATI Kicks butt. Mine must be one of the only items in my rack that I haven't had issues with... Knock on wood!!! Dead silent and powerful.

Attachments

S

Skylinestar

Enthusiast
This 1807 has been on the market for many years, isn't it?
Is there any technology improvement over the years?
Is it super reliable?
How's the SNR / noise level?
I'm from Malaysia. Outlaw is not available here (there's no 230v version). However, ATI makes 230v amp, which I can import it in.

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic

Well, my math may be off, but I figure the Outlaw is two channels short. If one needs a 7 channel amp, then a 5 channel amp won't do.

Skylinestar, amps are not really a new technology so there's not much in the way of improvements over the years. ATI is highly regarded around here, the one negative is that they are somewhat plain looking. The SNR spec is listed as "greater than 120db below rated power", and that is "A" weighted, so knock off ten points from the 120 or so. A still a very respectable number and they make a bullet proof amp. I had an Outlaw version, they do nothing wrong. ATI is certainly worth looking into.

S

sharkman

Full Audioholic
yeah, for some reason Acudefguy went with the 7500. Maybe you should ask him why.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Well, my math may be off, but I figure the Outlaw is two channels short. If one needs a 7 channel amp, then a 5 channel amp won't do.
yeah, for some reason Acudefguy went with the 7500. Maybe you should ask him why.
This thread is about the entire ATI 1800 series, not exclusively the 1807 or 7Ch amps.

My comparison was only one example of the fully balanced 5Ch amp. Not everyone wants a 7Ch amp.

I do think Outlaw 7200 7Ch amp is a better bargain for $1400.

A

AdamAzzata

Audiophyte
Thanks for sharing with us. I want to know about its full features. What is the main difference between it and its previous version? How many channels it have? Please clarify its whole features and applications.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Thanks for sharing with us. I want to know about its full features. What is the main difference between it and its previous version? How many channels it have? Please clarify its whole features and applications.
Steve already listed all the features. You can order the amp in 2Ch, 3Ch, 4Ch, 5Ch, 6Ch, 7Ch.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis