[ask] what speaker is this ?

K

kumalavira

Audiophyte
hiii im a newbie in av but want to know av better...
someone offer me this speaker but didnt give me the name
so is there anyone know bout this speaker ?
is this speaker really good ? cause the seller told me that this speaker can be compared to more expensive speakers.

avliner

avliner

Audioholic Chief
Hi,

welcome to the forum!

Well, regarding to your question, by the speaker's shape & style, it seems to me that they're from DALI (not sure, though).

Cheers / Avliner.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
Did you listen to them? How did they sound? What did you think of them?

If you liked them and the price is right go for it. Your ears are the only ones you have to please. They do appear to be Dali's. They make some very good speakers. In any case for real bass they would need a subwoofer. The lower response of 50Hz is probably the -3db point. In a real room they will have bass but not BASS. They will probably sound quite good without a sub but a whole lot better with one.:cool:

K

kumalavira

Audiophyte
thanksss for the info bro....i see so this is DALI's...

i havent listened to that speaker yet....cause live in a different city with the seller so before i go to the seller's shop i want to make sure it worthed..

i do realize that one of the weakness of bookshelf speakers is BASS...but i only use it for my bedroom so i dont need BASS...bass is ok hahahaha beside that im not a fan of rock music...i like classic, pop, jazz, but eighties is the best..so what i need is a crystal sound...

the speaker cost around USD. 440.. and he (seller) said that its sound can beat USD. 2500 speakers...that is why i im so curious bout this speaker...

and then because i said that i only have budget for around USD.200 then he gave me an option...he said..still from the same maker from Swedish...but a lower range which is costs USD. 275...and he said again that this speaker (pic below) can beat B&W 805 Signature which is costs around USD.2,500....do you beleive it ? im not so sure that's why i need more info bout these speakers.

K

kumalavira

Audiophyte
just found out that DALI is from Denmark....those speakers are from Sweden...that is what the seller told me...

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Mystery speakers

I would request manufactuer information and a serial number. Look up the manufactuer, make sure they are legit and do a search for reviews. They could be "white van" type speakers that look good but are poorly build and sound awfull.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
For anyone that thinks a $400 pair of speakers will sound better than a $2500 pair, I have a bridge for sale along with some prime beachfront property. The property is only 6ft. under water and the bridge is the Golden Gate! I can give excellent pricing on both items.:D

K

kumalavira

Audiophyte
hahahaha i see.....that would be a great offer haaa....

i did not beleive what the seller said...but im a newbie so i thought maybe there are some USD 400 speakers that can sound better than USD 2,500 speakers... that's why im posted it here.....but now im sure there would be none....i have to ask the manufacturer or else i would not think of it anymore....

thxxx for all info and help guys

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
It is possible . . .

There are some >$2k Bose speaker systems out there that can be easily bested by a pair of $400 bookshelf speakers.
Before you buy, take the opportunity to listen to several different manufactuers and types of speakers and let your ears decide.

JoeE SP9

JoeE SP9

Senior Audioholic
jcPanny, you are correct. I just never think of "Blose" when it comes to gear. As always, the only way to buy speakers is to listen first. IMHO:D

R

Reorx

Full Audioholic
Best buy has the Athena Micra 6 package on sale for $239. BB link
I suggest trying these out. They probably wont sound the best at the store, since BB's employee's usually suck. If you don't like them you can always return it within like 7 or 14 days for a full refund.

Audioholics Review

K

kumalavira

Audiophyte
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis