Ascend Acoustics Sierra 2

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Ascend Sierra 2 speakers for sale. These are the natural bamboo color with RAAL ribbon tweeters. I have owned these for about 3 to 4 months. They do not have a lot of time on them. Perfect as new condition. Will ship in original box with all paperwork. New is $1448.00 plus 36.00 for shipping. I am asking 1300.00 shipped. I can send more pictures if needed. Thanks for looking.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
They are very nice looking. Should make someone happy. :D

JohnnieB

JohnnieB

Senior Audioholic
I was ready to buy at that price, but they didn't match the finish on my Sierra towers. To any one looking at these the warranty is fully transferable.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Make sure you list them on AVS forum - there are a lot of Ascend fans on AVS.

Also list for free on Craigslist, Audio Circle, and Audio Asylum.

For more national exposure, I would spend $4 and list them on Audiogon.

fuzz092888

fuzz092888

Audioholic Warlord
I would buy these in a heartbeat if I wasn't moving in a week, and you know, broke because of that. I've always wanted a pair of speakers in bamboo and still hope to have use bamboo in a DIY build I've been working on for the past year.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Dropped the price to $1250.00 shipped. Thanks

Last edited:
agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
If only if only I'd not just bought into a set myself. If the price droops :D any more I'll be forever mad at my lack of timing.

Awesome speakers
Awesome price

Come on people, show some AH upgraditis.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Oh come on! Now you're doing it just to antagonize me :p.

If I did not have car repair already in the books, I would have "needed" to buy them, even though they definitely would have stayed boxed for a few months.

Whooping good deal for anyone who snags them. GLWS!

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
One man's loss is another man's gain, right? :D

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
One man's loss is another man's gain, right? :D
You're probably referring to the bounty of media I snagged from you :), and you are 100% right. Not that I'd ever wish for anyone to have to offload belongings under duress. Since you brought it up, my 40GB fatty PS3 is the only generation that did not play SACD. My Onkyo universal player is sitting in a box somewhere in PA. FML! Now I actually need a SACD player to even listen to 2 of the 5 discs.

Sorry to derail the thread ematthews or free bump :D.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
You're probably referring to the bounty of media I snagged from you :), and you are 100% right. Not that I'd ever wish for anyone to have to offload belongings under duress. Since you brought it up, my 40GB fatty PS3 is the only generation that did not play SACD. My Onkyo universal player is sitting in a box somewhere in PA. FML! Now I actually need a SACD player to even listen to 2 of the 5 discs.

Sorry to derail the thread ematthews or free bump :D.
I'm glad you enjoyed those SACD.

I've sold 12 components over the past 40 days. And all of them for a huge "loss". Percentage-wise, I think 50% "recovery" from MSRP is decent for used items. But my 2 worse "loss" are the Denon DVD3800 and 4010UD. Each has an MSRP of $2,000, and I sold each for $450, which is 77% off MSRP.

In absolute dollar amount, the biggest losses are the Revel Salon2 and B&W 802D2. If I sell the Orion, that's another huge loss in terms of absolute dollar amount.

Resale sucks for sure. I swear after I sell everything, I hope I will never sell or buy another thing ever again. :D

Any "losses" on those SACD are really not even worth mentioning when compared to the hardware.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
I'm glad you enjoyed those SACD.

I've sold 12 components over the past 40 days. And all of them for a huge "loss". Percentage-wise, I think 50% "recovery" from MSRP is decent for used items. But my 2 worse "loss" are the Denon DVD3800 and 4010UD. Each has an MSRP of $2,000, and I sold each for $450, which is 77% off MSRP.

In absolute dollar amount, the biggest losses are the Revel Salon2 and B&W 802D2. If I sell the Orion, that's another huge loss in terms of absolute dollar amount.

Resale sucks for sure. I swear after I sell everything, I hope I will never sell or buy another thing ever again. :D

Any "losses" on those SACD are really not even worth mentioning when compared to the hardware.
I don't mind selling for a loss if I need the money for something else. I do mind if I don't need the money and not need another item. It's one reason I don't want to come off my price very much for the Sierra's. They are also super bookshelves. I don't believe you can find a better small speaker. If this pending deal falls through then I am just keeping them.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I don't mind selling for a loss if I need the money for something else. I do mind if I don't need the money and not need another item. It's one reason I don't want to come off my price very much for the Sierra's. They are also super bookshelves. I don't believe you can find a better small speaker. If this pending deal falls through then I am just keeping them.
Yeah, you shouldn't come off the price on those Sierra.

I feel the same way about my Orion and ATI amps that I don't use. Not that I think they sound better than Salon2 or 802D2. I just don't really "need" the money to sell them for a crazy loss. :D

Your Rythmik sub is another one. Great to have, even if you don't really "need" it or the money from selling it. But if someone wants a great sub that doesn't cost very much, it would be nice for them. You might want to list it if you don't use it. A lot of fans of Ascend and Rythmik around here and AVS.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General

I feel the same way about my Orion and ATI amps that I don't use. Not that I think they sound better than Salon2 or 802D2. I just don't really "need" the money to sell them for a crazy loss. :D

Your Rythmik sub is another one. Great to have, even if you don't really "need" it or the money from selling it. But if someone wants a great sub that doesn't cost very much, it would be nice for them. You might want to list it if you don't use it. A lot of fans of Ascend and Rythmik around here and AVS.
I'm not getting rid of the sub. Ascend sold it to me for a great price when I bought the Sierra's. When I feel the need I could add some deep bass to the RBH :).. To be honest, I may end up putting it into the HT set up where the ML Grotto sits.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
WTF Man! I'm waiting for him to PM me a low ball, "I need them gone" deal :D.

Just kidding. If they were Gloss Cherry, this thread would have been over long ago, phew, thank God for small blessings.

ematthews

ematthews

Audioholic General
Seems Llike everyone wants a color other than Natural. If I order any Ascend towers in the future they would be black bamboo.

agarwalro

agarwalro

Audioholic Ninja
Seems Llike everyone wants a color other than Natural. If I order any Ascend towers in the future they would be black bamboo.
It was the natural or gloss cherry for me. Eventually, the dark side won.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis