ahblaza

ahblaza

Audioholic Field Marshall
Hello to all
I have been hanging around this forum Audioinsider, they have this new tower speaker coming out the ARX A5, it was designed by Jon Lane of the audio insider. It's building upon the A3 model, they also have the new redesigned A1b monitor, both of these will be available in a few weeks. There is a lot of buzz on the forums about the A5 and A1b, would be interested hearing some of what you all think. ;)

Arx A5 floorstanding loudspeaker

Arx A1b monitor loudspeaker

ahblaza

ahblaza

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums/loudspeakers/78736-emp-e5ti-vs-arx-a1.html

Just saying....

and I don't care much about Audioinsider buzz, and who and why making it

If you want good bookshelfs look at Ascend - this is how you design and sell speakers
BS, I didn't want to ruffle any feathers here, just wandering if anybody had experience with the speakers, by the way I have an all Ascends 340SE setup and you are correct Dave knows how to design and sell loudspeakers, saving up for the ST's or Phil 2's. I quess I was trying to get the same sound (A5) for less than half the price of the ST's or Phil's.
Thanks for the link.
Jeff

Last edited:
macddmac

macddmac

Audioholic General
Might be worth a look - see hear.. 30 day in home, 5 yr warranty, decent specs, a little inefficient , but worth a listen. Is that a ribbon tweeter with a different name?

its phillip

its phillip

Audioholic Ninja
They look pretty interesting to me. I'd like to check out some Arx speakers one of these days (along with some Ascends :))

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
The Arx do look interesting - and I would like to hear them.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Might be worth a look - see hear.. 30 day in home, 5 yr warranty, decent specs, a little inefficient , but worth a listen. Is that a ribbon tweeter with a different name?
This is the tweeter that is the closest to their tweeter, quote "but better"

BG, Neo 3

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
I was inquiring about these last year, but could not afford them. Someone here owns them and loves em', but don't remember who.

gtpsuper24

gtpsuper24

Full Audioholic
BS, I didn't want to ruffle any feathers here, just wandering if anybody had experience with the speakers, by the way I have an all Ascends 340SE setup and you are correct Dave knows how to design and sell loudspeakers, saving up for the ST's or Phil 2's. I quess I was trying to get the same sound (A5) for less than half the price of the ST's or Phil's.
Thanks for the link.
Jeff
Arx A5's haven't been released yet. Give it a month or so till all the preorder/Group Buys have been fulfilled.

Matt34

Matt34

Let's not rehash the old thread.

There is no problem discussing these speakers, I'm pretty interested in them and what appears to be some solid choices in driver selection. I wish some different finish options were available but that obviously would hike the price up a bit.

afterlife2

afterlife2

Audioholic Warlord
Too bad it got to that. They seem to be good speakers. If they were $200 I'd jump on them or those HSU horn speakers quickly.

Matt34

Matt34

Seriously though, if they offered these in a cherry or walnut veneer I would really consider them in my secondary system.

ahblaza

ahblaza

Let's not rehash the old thread.

There is no problem discussing these speakers, I'm pretty interested in them and what appears to be some solid choices in driver selection. I wish some different finish options were available but that obviously would hike the price up a bit.
I agree no rehash.....I also am interested in these, I may purchase a pair of the redisigned A1b's to get a feel of the ARX sound. They will be available first week of August to everyone, the A5 after all the group buy list has been exhausted. The finish is one way Jon has been able to keep the costs down, especially with the rising cost of neodymium. I will make some comparisons with the Ascends 340SE and 170's, that may be an unfair comparison, we will see.................:)

ahblaza

ahblaza

Seriously though, if they offered these in a cherry or walnut veneer I would really consider them in my secondary system.

I like the utilitarian look....black PVC :D

gtpsuper24

gtpsuper24

Full Audioholic
They are really solid and heavy too, all the Arx models are solid like brick.

As compact as the A5 is its really heavy at 55lbs, compared to EMPs top at 52lb and the Axiom M60 47lbs they are even 10lbs heavier than the Ascend Sierra towers.

It will be interesting to see how these perform with the competition even against more expensive towers like the Axiom M80s or Sierras. Hopefully those that get the A5s first have a wide experience with other brands to compare too.

gtpsuper24

gtpsuper24

Full Audioholic
What was the going rate with the group buy?
$749 plus shipping, a free pair of A1/A1b (no shipping charge) and the option to get an A2 LCR for half plus normal shipping charge. Only for the first 20-30 members.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis