Are you Ready for the Kaleidescape Cinema One Media Server?

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Are you tired of juggling Blu-rays and DVD's from your library each time you want to watch a movie? Kaleidescape has just unleashed a fully armed and operational media server at more down to earth prices. For $4k the Kaleidescape Cinema One media server will allow you to store 100 Blu-rays or 600 DVD's with full video and audio quality. You also get their awesome interface and access to their Store (which features Blu-ray quality video and audio AND full downloads with special features).

and Kaleidescape's features and built quality. When you look at Kaleidescape's previous offerings, the Cinema One is seriously discounted. When you look at how fanatical their users are about their products, you have to be intrigued. If you've always wanted a Kaleidescape system but couldn't afford it, you owe it to yourself to check out the Cinema One. It might be just what you've been looking for.

Read the Kaleidescape Cinema One Preview

How are you streaming your content in your home theater?

Last edited by a moderator:
BoredSysAdmin

BoredSysAdmin

Audioholic Slumlord
Imho 4k for media server/client is still a bit too rich for my blood and places it still into for rich only category.
very similar functionality (array of few sata disks, lower power pc + xbmc or plex) could be achieved for less than 1k

But unlike my geeky solution this one is a turnkey product with effortless management - ala Apple TV , but with local storage.
I guess there is a market for such products and I am aware that in comparison to typical Kaleidescape prices, $4k is really peanuts :)

ratso

ratso

Full Audioholic
sorry, got to call shenanigans on this one. there are many many customizable interfaces you can get for free (i use mediabrowser) that will equal this interface. you can't rip blurays or dvd's with this without actually owning and having the disc loaded into the machine which kinda kills the whole point of having it. as for build quality, i'm sure a local metalworker with any skill could make me up a pretty good looking box if i paid him FOUR THOUSAND DOLLARS for it.

3db

3db

Audioholic Slumlord
I find the idea of a media server ironic from a legality stand point. I was under the impression that one is not even allowed to make a copy of one's DVD/Blu-Rays which is required to get it onto this device?

saywhat

saywhat

Enthusiast
or i can just use my less than 4k computer and hard drive and do the same thing using plex a free program and a remote control for beautiful display on my large screen tv for my own media center.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis