Are there Speakercraft knock-off speakers?

M

mig1980

Enthusiast
I was looking at an aution post on eBay and a guy is selling a lot of 15 speakers (Speakercraft AIM8 Five). The speakers are boxed up in their larger boxes. The box on the outside states Los Angeles and right below says Made in China.

Are these actual Speakercraft or a knock-off speaker? How can you tell?

J

JamesMkgGuy

Audiophyte
I was looking at an aution post on eBay and a guy is selling a lot of 15 speakers (Speakercraft AIM8 Five). The speakers are boxed up in their larger boxes. The box on the outside states Los Angeles and right below says Made in China.

Are these actual Speakercraft or a knock-off speaker? How can you tell?
Well, Speakercraft speakers are made in China. It's likey they are not knock-off, just in original packaging. James Loudspeaker, Triad and Leon are really the only manufactures that still manufacture in the US. James Loudspeaker is the only manufacturer that designs our own drivers - nothing off-the-shelf.

M

mig1980

Enthusiast
Well, that makes me feel better. Thank you for the information.

D

Dennis Murphy

Audioholic General
Well, Speakercraft speakers are made in China. It's likey they are not knock-off, just in original packaging. James Loudspeaker, Triad and Leon are really the only manufactures that still manufacture in the US. James Loudspeaker is the only manufacturer that designs our own drivers - nothing off-the-shelf.
There are plenty of companies that manufacture in the United States. Do you mean there are only 3 manufacturers that both assemble and use domestically produced drivers and crossover components? If so, I'm not sure there are any that qualify for that description.

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis