Arcam avr550 vs Denon avr-x7200WA

P

Peter Jansson

Audioholic Intern
Hi what are your thoughts about these two recivers good and bad ..? Dirac live vs Audyssey.
every thougts are Wellcome disadvantages and advantage..?

Going to drive a 5.2 setup i have the Denon avr-x7200wa today but woundering to Chaing it to Arcam.
Or maybe keep it Have not disayded yet.
Have some little problems whit the denon, like the clicking noise in volume controll. I have tested whit other speakers and there are no noise then. It must be because the klipsch speaker are very sencitive 98db.

So stay whit the denon and live with it, Ore change to Arcam avr550.
Sombodie ho have the Arcam or have listen to theme
any thougts about theme..?

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
I would go with the Denon. But then again, I don't have that CLICKING issue. :D

I would recommend Denon/Marantz over other brands 99% of the time. But if you can try the ARCAM and it doesn't make that clicking sound and all the Denon make that clicking sound, then I may have to side with the Arcam here. :D

But as far as Power, Features, and Sound Quality (Dynamic EQ), I would go with Denon.

Last edited:
P

Peter Jansson

Audioholic Intern
I would go with the Denon. But then again, I don't have that CLICKING issue. :D

I would recommend Denon/Marantz over other brands 99% of the time. But if you can try the ARCAM and it doesn't make that clicking sound and all the Denon make that clicking sound, then I may have to side with the Arcam here. :D

But as far as Power, Features, and Sound Quality (Dynamic EQ), I would go with Denon.

Have you heard theme both against each other..??

P

Peter Jansson

Audioholic Intern
Just what would you be comparing? Curious, what is the price difference where you are?
I'm interested in knowing what you think and like arcam vs denon audyssey vs Dirac. Price difference is around 990$

Pogre

Pogre

Audioholic Slumlord
I'm interested in knowing what you think and like arcam vs denon audyssey vs Dirac. Price difference is around 990$
It's not really a question that can be answered. That's a matter of preference, or taste. It's subjective.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
Haven't tried Dirac, would like to. I do have Audyssey on a few avrs, and do like XT32 particularly but haven't played but with other than MCACC and two versions of Audyssey so far. Not wanting to pay $1000 more for Dirac, though. Can you arrange an in home trial of the Arcam?

As to your volume control noise, won't your retailer exchange it for another unit? While higher sensitivity speakers could make noise easier to hear, it seems other users of the Denons haven't had the issue that I can tell....my Denons are older and no such issue nor have I read of others having it.

P

PENG

Audioholic Slumlord
I agree with HD, Dirac may be better, at least based on hearsay/forum talks but I believe unless one has a very challenging room, Audyssey Sub EQ HT should get one over the point of diminishing. I mean, can you really hear the difference between 15-120 Hz +/-3 dB and +/-2 dB? As for the higher frequency, lots of people don't even believe in EQing anyway. I also want to try it out just for fun, but not at the current price point.

Bookmark

Bookmark

Full Audioholic
Personally I have experience on an old MCacc implementation, which I never liked, and currently have YPAO permanently running.

Dirac is considered to be currently the favourite of many, however Arcam's implementation in the Sub section apparently has an issue (at least for some) but then so too has Audessey, mostly with those using multiple subs.

If the room and speaker placement is fine, and the distances and levels have been set correctly then little or none would be the preferred EQ.

The wisdom of "idiots" consensus preference (decending) is currently Dirac (Arcam, Emotiva, breakout box), ARC (Anthem), Audessey (Denon/Marantz), YPAO (Yamaha)/MCacc (Pioneer), AccuEQ (Onkyo) then pretty much everything else unless you spend the really big bucks. YMMV

I would try to get the Denon looked at if there is a clicking problem before jumping ship to Arcam, you might be a lot happier with it then.

AcuDefTechGuy

AcuDefTechGuy

Audioholic Jedi
Have you heard theme both against each other..??
Not those EXACT two models side-by-side and level-matched.

But I have heard an Arcam AVR in the past. It sounds just like any other AVR.

As far as opinions on DIRAC vs Audyssey or ARC or any other ROOM CORRECTION EQ, take it with a grain of salt. :D

Everyone thinks his current system sounds better. ;)

I know mine sounds the best. :eek: ;) :D

A

Andrein

Senior Audioholic
I just replaced my yamaha a1070 having clicking issue not just when changing the volume but while playing the music as well. Replacement avr works fine. No clicks at all. Maybe you could give 7200 another try?

M

Madhuski

Audioholic
There have been issues with how the Arcam implemented Dirac. See the thread over on AVS

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis