D

Dieselkiller

Audiophyte
Tried posting this in the appropriate forum, but I don't have permission. I'm using Tapatalk, not a browser, so if there's something I missed after sign up, I apologize. Didn't think I'd need permission to ask a question lol.

Any time this unit detects audio, it switches to Headphone Bypass. I've factory reset it and updated the firmware. Any suggestions? If I insert headphones when it's not in this mode, it will switch. So I don't believe the port is bad, it knows the second something is being plugged in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Tried posting this in the appropriate forum, but I don't have permission. I'm using Tapatalk, not a browser, so if there's something I missed after sign up, I apologize. Didn't think I'd need permission to ask a question lol.

Any time this unit detects audio, it switches to Headphone Bypass. I've factory reset it and updated the firmware. Any suggestions? If I insert headphones when it's not in this mode, it will switch. So I don't believe the port is bad, it knows the second something is being plugged in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
What is Headphone Bypass? I have had a good look at the manual and see no reference to headphone bypass.

The only reference to headphones, is that when plugged in zone 2 is muted and everything down mixes to 2 channel stereo.

The erganomics of that unit look absolutely awful. That looks like a unit I would hate to own. It is quite possible you have made a set up mistake, but I have no idea what. I would phone Arcam. If they can't solve it send in in for service.

lovinthehd

lovinthehd

Audioholic Jedi
If a reset doesn't do it, sounds like its time to return the unit or send it in for repair. You indicate you sometimes are not in headphone bypass, what mode is it in where it is working properly before you plug in the headphones? You sure nothing in the way of debris is in the headphone port?

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis