AR Turntable XB Model

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
To be here after referred to as Walter's TT or The TT. :)

Looks good, right?

This is plain cool lookin'.

Problem is it don't work. (my grammer's broke too)

The last 2 images are of the motor and cap plus a lone cap (I think).

It worked real slow for half a minute and then expired but the motor still made a humming noise and quivered a little. I pulled the plug and euthanized it. What to do? What to do? :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
You're such a kiss-a** having AH on your computer screen in the photo. :D

[BTW, thanks for the photos. Very interesting!]

sawzalot

sawzalot

Audioholic Samurai
It needs to be revived , as it looks too cool to be finished off , TT Hospital :)

walter duque

walter duque

Audioholic Samurai
Alex. I fell real bad about this. The last time I did use this table was over 25 years ago. I did plug it in and it did turn. Looks like I have to get that Carver out to you very soon to make up for that extra milage.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Alex. I fell real bad about this.
You shouldn't. I don't. It's like basketball, you dribble and you shoot. This one isn't a swish but it's not an air ball either ... not yet anyway.

This is a better shot of the motor.

The two caps are:
(1) .022 MFD
(2) .1 MFD

Any minute now somebody's gonna come by and say you can get all that stuff for 39 cents and a belt for a quarter. Wait and see. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...you dribble and you shoot.
I don't want to make a remark, but I can't help myself. It's a sickness.

I think that I need professional help. Like the kind that can be found next to a street light.

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
I don't want to make a remark, but I can't help myself. It's a sickness.
I kind of think it might be a gift.
I always wonder if you're still getting even for the "Oh, look at all the responses to my grout sealer thread ... "

I was just reading some stuff on Google and came back to find this.
"I should have known." :D

Last edited:
Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
I'm eager to see what the electronic parts gurus have to say. I'm wondering if the caps need to look like that, or if you could go with a different kind.

Have you called the Shack?

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
Have you called the Shack?
Nah, I got an electronics store that I like to go to and I'm gonna be going near there tonight for a wake. It's okay, I'm always happy for the dearly departed. I gotta get some Deoxit too. May he rest in peace. :)

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
...I'm always happy for the dearly departed.
I'm always a bit jealous.

Sorry to hear about that, though. Hopefully the person had a good life.

Enjoy your perusing at the electronics store.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Some classic tables are really gorgeous. Here is one (Empire 598II) I picked up from my local GoodWill for $7:

I kept it for a while, but eventually sold id on eBay for a huge profit (turned out to be quite the hot collector's unit!).

-Chris

Adam

Adam

Audioholic Jedi
$7?!? :eek: :eek:

Congrats on that one, Chris (and the profit). That's a nice looking TT.

lsiberian

lsiberian

Audioholic Overlord
Some classic tables are really gorgeous. Here is one (Empire 598II) I picked up from my local GoodWill for $7:

I kept it for a while, but eventually sold id on eBay for a huge profit (turned out to be quite the hot collector's unit!).

-Chris
Explains how you can afford to get all those Subwoofers. :D

I realized if I stop eating out everyday I could probably afford them too. :D

I guess now I have motivation to bring a lunch to work.

WmAx

WmAx

Audioholic Samurai
Explains how you can afford to get all those Subwoofers. :D

I realized if I stop eating out everyday I could probably afford them too. :D

I guess now I have motivation to bring a lunch to work.
I actually found and sold this 2 years ago. And as for the AXIS subs... they were got on a deep discount special from PE a year ago, and a friend of mine helped me get them as I did not have enough to buy two at that time.

-Chris

Alex2507

Alex2507

Audioholic Slumlord
RS didn't have 600V.D.C. caps and nobody knew how to convert .1 MFD into funny looking (u)F.
But I bought their version of fader lube and electronics cleaner.
I love chemicals and I'll go to my electronics store tomorrow as they were closed today.

The phone call I made to find a Rat Shack down in Cranston resulted in this being given to me:

While I was already bringing stuff into the house from the car I decided to drag this up here too:

That's another item from Walter. Poor guy felt so bad I had to call him and hold his hand a little ... :D
I tried telling him that I like taking stuff apart to begin with and I'll say that the AR XB Model seems like a
way better TT than the American DJ with that cheesy plastic platter. I need Chris to tell me if the American DJ is a record eater.

I'm not a mooch and I love to pay what is asked of me but this free stuff is
like dropping from audio heaven ... Dave and Mtry. :)

I'll try to love up the XB tomorrow and we'll see.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis