Apple TV versus Logitech Squeezebox

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
price is similar.
apple tv has video output.

anybody have comments on these two units?

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
They are such different devices I dont think you can really compare them. The Apple tv has video, built in HDD, can connect to the internet, etc. The squeeze box just plays music from your computer.

If you just want something for music I personally think the Squeezebox would be a better way to go because number one it doesnt have a HDD which inevitably will fail. The couple of Apple tv's I installed got so hot I cant imagine they will last very long, I really could not believe how hot they got. They are pretty slick though and I wouldnt mind having one if i wanted to pay $300 bucks for something that probably wouldnt last 5 years.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
The squeezebox operates from a remote control from the listening position. The Apple operates from the computer.

Hi Ho

Hi Ho

Audioholic Samurai
The Apple TV has a remote and you do not need to be at a computer to use it.

Haoleb

Haoleb

Audioholic Field Marshall
The Apple TV has a remote and you do not need to be at a computer to use it.
Yeah, the Apple tv is kinda of like a HTPC by itself. Only, without the cd drive.

F

fmw

Audioholic Ninja
I'm sorry for the misinformation. I confused the product with the Apple Airport.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
ok, i like the fact that the apple tv can display the album art while playing music and even slideshow my pics while playing music ...

but I have other options:

my wife's mac laptop (and get my wife a dell laptop)
build a completely new PC (with horizontal casing)

jcPanny

jcPanny

Audioholic Ninja
Apple TV

The GUI and slideshow features of the Apple TV are impressive. If you want to use the laptop or computer to control the music source the Airport Express or similar will provide the wireless music stream and a digital audio output for about $100.

mike c

mike c

Audioholic Warlord
testing the laptop for music playback

it's a bit slower than what I expect, but the macbook had a remote control included in the package! that's a nice surprise!

Latest posts

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis