apogee speakers connection

M

miroslav

Audiophyte
Recently I got Apogee Caliper Signature speakers...beautiful,,,never seen anything like it...but each speaker has 4 connectors at the back...would anyone have diagram of how to connect this to the back of my amplifier...I got the wire and all...can't wait to hear the sound..please help

TLS Guy

TLS Guy

Seriously, I have no life.
Recently I got Apogee Caliper Signature speakers...beautiful,,,never seen anything like it...but each speaker has 4 connectors at the back...would anyone have diagram of how to connect this to the back of my amplifier...I got the wire and all...can't wait to hear the sound..please help
OK here are the connectors.

This allows bi wiring. You don't have to bi-wire and it makes no difference. The left red and black connectors go to the tweeter and mid and the right ones the woofer.

So connect the top two connectors together and the bottom two together. Now run the positives to the positive of the amp and the negatives to the negative.

However before you get excited there are some things you need to know.

These speakers are full range ribbons.

Now these speakers have an impedance below 2 ohms, and will destroy most amps quickly. There are only a few very expensive amps that will deliver very high current into this type of load. Even then the most exotic amps will still struggle.

The next issue is that these speakers are very fragile and you have to use them gently. If you have not heard them, then there is a high probability they are already damaged.

These speakers in totality were not a successful, or practical design.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis