Aperion Subwoofer vs. Klipsh

C

chadreg

Audiophyte
I'm about to pull the rest of my hair out trying to figure out what speakers to purchase for my new home theater. I have bought the aperion 7.1 system with the 12" sub. My brother has the new Klipsh f3 series speakers and a Klipsh 12" sub. The Aperion speakers all sounded great compared to the Klipsh, except for the sub. The Klipsh sub sounded much better. I am definitely a newbie to this audio craziness. Anyone here have a recommendation for a sub? Should I keep the Aperion, buy the Klipsh, or get something altogeather different. Thanks in advance for helping me make up my mind!!!

anamorphic96

anamorphic96

Audioholic General
What excactly was better about the Klipsch sub ? Was it tighter did it go deeper ? What was wrong with the Aperion ? Sometimes subs need a little work to get them to work right. It might just be a placement issue. Did you compare in the same room ? Did you use an SPL meter to set the sub level ? How do you have everything crossed over in the receiver ?

Glenn

C

chadreg

Audiophyte
Glenn,
All I did was hook each one of them up to the same reciever and compared them while listening to the same song. I was hoping someone with more experience could enlighten me on which one is better. What is your opinion?
Thanks in advance
Chad

Last edited:
K

kaseaman

Junior Audioholic
was the klipsch sub you listened to the RSW12 or the RW12. There is a substatial difference between the two, The RW12 plays much louder and deeper and has a more potent amplifier. But in my experience the RSW12 is more musical. My suggestion to you is to test out all different kinds of subs before you decide to buy a new one. I have all klipsch speakers and a velodyne sub. Then again, its all up to you

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis