Aperion Audio Unveils Verus Grand Speakers

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
Aperion Audio today debuted the Aperion Verus Grand line of home theater speakers at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver, CO. Aperion designed the Verus Grand speaker system, including a patent-pending tweeter, for authentic sound reproduction. The speaker was designed for a true-to-life sound and the company wanted to "spark an emotional connection that transports movie and music lovers into the performance, exactly as the producers intended." That's a pretty lofty, but understandable goal. The Verus Grand family is positioned as a high-end complement to the company's award-winning Aperion Intimus line of home theater speakers.

Discuss "Aperion Audio Unveils Verus Grand Speakers" here. Read the article.

Seth=L

Seth=L

Audioholic Overlord
Wonderful looking speakers, I would love to hear a pair of the bookshelves as well as the towers.

GranteedEV

GranteedEV

Audioholic Ninja
not loving the stock oak finish but i agree they look like nice speakers, especially the center (WTMW) speaker design

MinusTheBear

MinusTheBear

Audioholic Ninja
The new Aperion Verus line looks very promising. Beautiful looking speakers.

zieglj01

zieglj01

Audioholic Spartan
That bookshelf speaker looks like a winner - I also like the fact
that the cabinet is curved. The bass should be nice for this size.

dkane360

dkane360

Audioholic Field Marshall
Those speakers look very nice. I hope they give away the bookshelf speakers in the monthly giveaways. They would look real nice on my desk :D

jliedeka

jliedeka

Audioholic General
They do look pretty cool and are reasonably priced if they perform well.

I'm not sure what they mean by having the tweeter take up the upper midrange. I don't see how a 1 inch tweeter could cross over at much less than 2 kHz at any reasonable power level.

Jim

browninggold

browninggold

Junior Audioholic
anyone make it to the show.....just wondering if anyone listened to the new 3-way.

G

gpzbc

Audioholic Intern
Yes, I went to the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest in Denver and I was very impressed with the Verus Grand Towers.

First, They are beautiful! The finish on the cabinet is gorgeous, and the curved shape makes them look very aesthetically pleasing. (I am picturing a high wife acceptance factor.) It is about the same width as the 6T, a bit taller, and not as deep. I think the curvature of the cabinet makes it look smaller than it actually is. Very nice work in that regard.

My impression for how it sounds is great! When I hear a new speaker, I love to throw some Rusted Root at it. Their albums are great for testing out speakers. They have lots of varying volumes, aggressive drums, lots of female voices, flutes, acoustic guitars, etc. So I was pleased when the Aperion guys graciously offered to play my Rusted Root CD on the Verus Grand.

Once it started playing, I was very impressed. It handled the flutes and higher frequencies quite well. It handled the lower frequencies quite well too. Although, I think my preference would be to add a subwoofer to the picture. It wasn't that the Verus Grand underperformed on the lower frequencies, but I think a subwoofer could add a little bit if you are into that (which I am). I should also add that lower frequencies on the Verus Grand were very clean and tight.

Lastly, the area where I thought the Verus Grand really shined was the mid frequencies. The guitars and female voices were crystal clear and had a very wide sound to them. The way that the Verus Grand handled the mids left a lasting impression on me. I think Aperion got it right with their new tweeters and lower crossovers.

I should also add that I was very impressed with the sound stage of the Verus Grand. It was most noticeable when Rusted Root was playing multiple drums. It was as if you could pinpoint each drum to a different locations in the room. It was a real treat!

These are just my quick impressions. I wish I could have spent quite a bit more time with them in my own home, but overall I was quite pleased. Take my thoughts for what they are worth. I'm no expert, so I can only tell you what my ears tell me. I am anxiously waiting to read some professional reviews on the Verus Grand Towers.

Last edited:
newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis