Aperion Audio Intimus 4T Summit Wireless Speaker System Video Review

A

admin

Audioholics Robot
Staff member
When we recommend surround sound to our friends and to you, the readers, we do it because we think 5.1 and even 7.1 surround truly enhances the experience of home theater. And you know what? The biggest inhibitor to getting surround sound isn't always cost. It's the hassle of installing the system and running speaker wires. In over 10 years of dealing with this stuff that's been the biggest, most consistent hangup. So what if you could get rid of the wires? And what if you could do so without compromising the type of speakers you could use? That's the idea behind this technology. This is an Aperion Audio Intimus 4T System. Nothing new... in fact we've already reviewed this system. Except that this system is powered by Summit Wireless speaker technology.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/1oXKSGw6CBk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Discuss "Aperion Audio Intimus 4T Summit Wireless Speaker System Video Review" here. Read the article.

j_garcia

j_garcia

Audioholic Jedi
I've been thinking about going wireless for the surrounds for a long time, but a complete wireless system? Interesting. Will be cool to see this tech develop and actually show up on other devices as mentioned in the video. I would think rather than providing a unit that serves as the receiver, something that could integrate with an existing system (since most people will likely already have an AVR) might make more sense. I know Aperion offers other wireless systems that can be used with any amp/speaker, but it sounds like this one is a fair amount more advanced in what it can do besides just stream the audio wirelessly.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
I like the idea. I'm just not sure that the wireless technology is quite there yet. I have no doubt that it will get there.....but is it there yet?

Interference or dropped signals would force me to punt the thing out the front door.

gene

gene

Audioholics Master Chief
Administrator
I like the idea. I'm just not sure that the wireless technology is quite there yet. I have no doubt that it will get there.....but is it there yet?

Interference or dropped signals would force me to punt the thing out the front door.
We've tested this system thoroughly and heard demos of it numerous times at trade shows. It's solid technology with NO loss of fidelity or dropout issues. The only downside is cost and still needing to plug the speakers into a wall outlet.

slipperybidness

slipperybidness

Audioholic Warlord
That's very reassuring. Thanks for the info.

I still don't think this would ever be the centerpiece of my HT, but for a second system, vacation house, or apartment, it might be quite nice.

newsletter

• RBHsound.com
  • BlueJeansCable.com
  • SVS Sound Subwoofers
  • Experience the Martin Logan Montis